The City of Imprisoned Love - Vol. 5 Ch. 44 - "Self's Eye"

... I just discovered this manga today and I read it in one go... It's so fucking good...

Dex-chan lover
Yooooooooooooo, not gonna lie this is a really cool way to fight back the old man

Thanks for the translations 😁

Dex-chan lover
What's the point of establishing that they have a child together when the baby is completely irrelevant in what happens? The story doesn't even demonstrate that they have any emotional attachment to their unnamed offspring. Hell, Makoto even left it unattended back in their apartment. The degree to which their kid is an afterthought in the plot makes it pretty clear that the author doesn't have children.

Can you even imagine what else AI seeing after she ate the cake?

I mean, the cake contains old makoto memory, in which she died in an accident, keeps her dead body in a capsule, disassemble her brain and..

you know, that kinda stuff😬

Fed-Kun's army
That's why you don't eat things dropped on the ground. At least eat it within 3 seconds.

This series and specially this chapter seems like inspired in The Eye in the Sky by Alan Parsons....

I am the eye in the sky
Looking at you
I can read your mind
I am the maker of rules
Dealing with fools
I can cheat you blind
And I don't need to see any more
To know that
I can read your mind, I can read your mind

Fed-Kun's army
@saber05

The cake brings back memories that happened in their past/alternate self. I think it doesn't have the function to give memories from other entities/people.

I'm pretty she just saw herself dying over and over again.

Well, unless I'm wrong. LOL
I like scifis but this was quite a shitshow for me and yet I'm enjoying reading it.

@saber05
@DivisibleZero
Also gotta remember that this Ai isn't actually the real one but is a mashup of the real AI plus other people... so she may be "remembering" other people's experiences along with the accident / capsule / disassembled bits... Yeah, no wonder she snapped.

Users who are viewing this thread