The City of Imprisoned Love

Aggregator gang
Well, this was certainly an “experience.” A promising start to an interesting concept and got cluttered with random plot threads that were poorly developed and it all comes down to
the main character’s real self to clone his dead crush.
I guess I got some entertainment watching how far it would fall. Hopefully the author can learn from this and craft a better story structure and pace himself better. Great art though.

This actually an interesting story premise for world is simulation theory, much like matrix minus the action and more towards mystery

The problem is the pacing is awful, you need to read the chapter 2-3 times to understand because the tone change so fast, also for the "heroine" we didnt know ai much to actually care for her, also there is several key plot that solved offscreen or forgotten entirely like multiple ai and the pattiserie

The art is good, the concept is good, but outside of that is kinda meh

After finishing to read it my final comment is: meh. The romance tag should not exist on this manga. It was more of an obsession than love.

Ok-ish, interesting setting. But the pace, the characters and the focus of the story didn't make it that engaging. The main love interest and focus of the story having like 10 pages in the entire story didn't helped either. The only tag that this should have is mystery. Horror, ecchi and romance are almost irrelevant.

Interesting story! It had so much potential. Ultimately the scope of it all disappointed. Still, I've absolutely read worse.

Dex-chan lover
I really must be new to the world of manga reading, i thought this manga was in need of an anime adaptation but mostly everyone is saying it was pretty bad, i haven't read the whole thing yet but i really like it but im scared to know if the ending is really THAT bad...

I think an epilogue would be nice since the final arc must have had a big influence on the character thoughts and relations that mostly goes unsaid.

Aside from that I think this manga deserves a little better rating, probably mid 7s at least. People were perhaps expecting something else based on how it started and maybe are let down.

It is much more of a mystery sci fi short novel than a manga in style. It doesn't really follow usual manga style or tropes like you come to expect or even desire, especially in the second half. That's not a bad thing for me, and the fact it is rather short, relatively speaking, is kind of refreshing.

I think this should be middle 7 or 8.
The art and story are quite good. Sad that the plot getting worse when it come toward the ending

Dex-chan lover
Haha, I remember when this had rating of 8.28 about 4 months ago, The Ratings have fallen pretty badly.

Fed-Kun's army
Judging by the shounen + ecchi tags I’m guessing the romance isn’t really progressive? Someone wanna clarify?

@calmbreez, If you decide to read this you will quickly realize the "romance" parts are few and far between. The ecchi tag is because sometimes characters will just be naked, kinda for no reason other than fanservice I guess.

Feels like a fucking fever dream. So many unexplained stuff. Went from dystopia mystery/horror to a "plot twist", to a horrible ending. Wtf?

A simple question that will determine whether I read this or not: Does the MC end up with the girl with white twin tails or not?

Users who are viewing this thread