The Cold Beauty At School Became My Pet Cat - Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
I'm gonna hold back on reading this but keep the tab open in hopes that 6 and 7 show up soon-ish. If not, I guess I'll cave and just read 8

Supporter
Please, never use Arial as you scanlation font.
How rude.
02-gundam-mercury-aerial-attacks-gund-bits.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter. Cute series; I'm curious to see how it develops now that the "I'm actually your cat" excuse is no longer a thing.

Group Leader
It has nothing to do with the page itself, only that the chapter was done via MTL.
I use 3 different translators to make sure that I get the best translation possible, I also follow the pictures to better understand what is happening and improvise the translations.

Dex-chan lover
Ok so here's what you did wrong, besides knowing zero JP and using MTL:
  1. inconsistent Capitalization that Makes Things look like Shit,
  2. bubbles not cleaned,
  3. fucked punctuation,
  4. bad typesetting,
  5. untranslated text,
  6. whatever the shit this is.
image.png

You failed the most fundamental of all: you can't even keep character names consistent. You confident you understand what's happening in the manga?

image.png

Group Leader
Ok so here's what you did wrong, besides knowing zero JP and using MTL:
  1. inconsistent Capitalization that Makes Things look like Shit,
  2. bubbles not cleaned,
  3. fucked punctuation,
  4. bad typesetting,
  5. untranslated text,
  6. whatever the shit this is.
image.png

You failed the most fundamental of all: you can't even keep character names consistent. You confident you understand what's happening in the manga?

image.png
I just started translating yesterday, and I have no experience, nor do I have any idea of how to improve myself. I just started translating because I wanted to read this novel, but since I would be translating it anyway, I decided to post it for others who also wanted to read this manga. Apparently, you expect a person with 1 day of experience to suddenly become a perfect translator. However, I thank you for your advice to help me improve my translations. I would appreciate if anyone would point out anything that I am doing wrong and give me tips on how to improve my work. (I have fixed the 2 errors you have pointed out for me thank you very much.)

Group Leader
I just started translating yesterday, and I have no experience, nor do I have any idea of how to improve myself. I just started translating because I wanted to read this novel, but since I would be translating it anyway, I decided to post it for others who also wanted to read this manga. Apparently, you expect a person with 1 day of experience to suddenly become a perfect translator. However, I thank you for your advice to help me improve my translations. I would appreciate if anyone would point out anything that I am doing wrong and give me tips on how to improve my work. (I have fixed the 2 errors you have pointed out for me thank you very much.)
As the previous translator, I get that it's your first time translating and all, so ill just ignore the errors that others have pointed out. But if anything, would really appreciate that you start off on a series that no one's translating yet, or at least ask the previous translator whether they've dropped the series, since you might be accused of sniping (which is forcefully taking over a series that another person/group was working on). If there's anything else you'd like to ask about, you can message me on discord written on my profile.

Group Leader
As the previous translator, I get that it's your first time translating and all, so ill just ignore the errors that others have pointed out. But if anything, would really appreciate that you start off on a series that no one's translating yet, or at least ask the previous translator whether they've dropped the series, since you might be accused of sniping (which is forcefully taking over a series that another person/group was working on). If there's anything else you'd like to ask about, you can message me on discord written on my profile.
I'm very sorry, You hadn't published a new chapter in 5 months, so I thought you had dropped it. I had no idea there was such a thing as manga snipping. I'm very glad you brought this to my attention. I was planning on translating another manga, so I am very glad you told me to ask if they are still translating it.

Users who are viewing this thread