The comment reaction system is giving me depression

reu

Dex-chan lover
Every time I get a notification that some dude bonked or laughed at a 4 or 5 year old post of mine
I go through the thread and see that none of the people in that thread came back after 2021
Dudes I used to bully, joke and shitpost with moved and now either
1. have a life
or worse
images
Makes me want go back 2010 when when 13 year old me was posting bearded lolis on /a/ to troll moot and his janny army
At least there we(normalish folks) were all anonimous so we didn't get the feels when someone permanently fucked off...

Anyways, here's some german metal EDM

Last edited:

reu

Dex-chan lover
One of these days I should get back on Usenet. Well,  that's the worst idea I've had this month.
Are the providers for that still up? Too young to have ever been on it but I know it had a completelly different infranstruture from the internet.
edit:didn't it work through the phone lines or something?

Dex-chan lover
Are the providers for that still up? Too young to have ever been on it but I know it had a completelly different infranstruture from the internet.
edit:didn't it work through the phone lines or something?
Gather 'round, young-uns, and hear a tale of the internet of yesteryear... wait, fuck that, there's a Wikipedia article. Go read that instead, because I'm a lazy-ass.

Short version is that it was on the internet (along side of ARPANET, initially), before the World Wide Web and HTML were Things That Existed (TM), and when both bandwidth and storage were expensive. It does still exist, and basically all the horrible things people do on the internet today were done there first. Good times, and I never, ever, ever want to go back.

Dex-chan lover
Just do what I do, get stubborn enough that people giving bonks and such only make you double down just to spite them. Currently doing it now on a manga I criticized for having an entire chapter of exposition dumping.

Alternatively you could just delete the old posts if they're bothering you that much, right?

Dex-chan lover
:pepehmm: bro knows the true secret to AFK-farming reactions. Missing the first page of comments has been punishing lately. I wonder if any of the top dogs here are masochist enough to turn on push notification.

Dex-chan lover
:pepehmm: bro knows the true secret to AFK-farming reactions. Missing the first page of comments has been punishing lately. I wonder if any of the top dogs here are masochist enough to turn on push notification.
Who needs the first page
When you can farm with gimmicks
Like a true master?

Dex-chan lover
What push notification system?

Dex-chan lover
Missing the first page of comments has been punishing lately.
So true. Here's a prime example:

Screenshot_2023-08-03_at_5.16.58_PM.png

I did not think while writing this comment. I was just clearing my updates list. How did this get so many likes lol

Users who are viewing this thread