The Dangers in My Heart - Ch. 145 - I'm the Man Who Was Rejected

Dex-chan lover
It's great Adachi knows and that was an amazing moment, but Kobayashi should have been told before him. She's gonna be pissed when she eventually finds out she was the last to know.

Dex-chan lover
I'm just gonna say, if adachi got really redeemed, and with ow good the writing is, i think sempai is in line for some nice character development

Dex-chan lover
I'm starting to get the sneaking suspicion that there's gonna be a future plot where Kobayashi starts liking Ichikawa after he supposedly was rejected by Yamada. She already thinks he's a good guy and cares enough about him to feel bad for him getting rejected, and she might feel like he's someone who's on her level. And then there'll be drama when she finds out they were dating the whole time without her knowledge. I mean, I know Kobayashi is dense, but it's getting to the point where I feel like the author might be keeping her in the dark for so long for a specific purpose.

Dex-chan lover
damn people really hated pickup-pai that much huh lmao
youre in a manga where everyone gets a redemption arc later
im pretty sure pickup-pai will come around, he 100% know both of them like each other, and if learnt that yamada rejected him, he would just asked yamada and ichikawa why

Dex-chan lover
damn people really hated pickup-pai that much huh lmao
youre in a manga where everyone gets a redemption arc later
im pretty sure pickup-pai will come around, he 100% know both of them like each other, and if learnt that yamada rejected him, he would just asked yamada and ichikawa why
It's more that they've been burned by mangaka in the past. Plenty of series go in absurd directions and undermine their characters to sustain tired plots, especially when it seems the mangaka has no direction. Other authors would reintroduce an old "antagonist" in other series and retread the same drama despite its being repetitive and convoluted. So, I understand where the worry comes from but I don't think this author would do something like that. If they did it would really lower my opinion of them but I'm pretty confident they won't.

man this arc is not my taste, we had a wholesome relationship but now i feel some drama. the rejection arc is really stupid, a lie will be revealed sooner or later, we might see scandal arc. it would be better if they just reveal the relationship from the start

Fed-Kun's army
I'm starting to get the sneaking suspicion that there's gonna be a future plot where Kobayashi starts liking Ichikawa after he supposedly was rejected by Yamada. She already thinks he's a good guy and cares enough about him to feel bad for him getting rejected, and she might feel like he's someone who's on her level. And then there'll be drama when she finds out they were dating the whole time without her knowledge. I mean, I know Kobayashi is dense, but it's getting to the point where I feel like the author might be keeping her in the dark for so long for a specific purpose.
I read a lot of different manga so I feel like I missed or forgot some of the story here. Wouldn't here friends being in the know help defuse situations, not the other way around? And the level of distrust directed at Kobayashi is strong. I was thinking what you were thinking for a while when she was asking if Ichikawa was interested in someone or not, but she doesn't strike me as the sort of character that even likes boys to begin with.

Dex-chan lover
I read a lot of different manga so I feel like I missed or forgot some of the story here. Wouldn't here friends being in the know help defuse situations, not the other way around? And the level of distrust directed at Kobayashi is strong. I was thinking what you were thinking for a while when she was asking if Ichikawa was interested in someone or not, but she doesn't strike me as the sort of character that even likes boys to begin with.
Not quite sure what you're implying, but I'm not sure how her friends are going to be able to influence Kobayashi liking Ichikawa or not, if that's what you're saying. Kobayashi's a late bloomer for sure, but I don't think she's entirely uninterested. There was that very early chapter where she was kinda charmed by pick-up senpai (while he was trying to use her to get close to Yamada), don't think that would've worked if she was completely asexual. And even if she hasn't been very interested in romance up until now, she also doesn't seem to have had very many close male friends as of yet, and there's gotta be a first time for everything.

HQ

I just wanna say I really appreciate how we get to see the story continues AFTER they confessed. It's like your favorite game getting a post-game after you worked hard to achieve the happy ending, and even now their troubles continue.

Fed-Kun's army
Not quite sure what you're implying, but I'm not sure how her friends are going to be able to influence Kobayashi liking Ichikawa or not, if that's what you're saying. Kobayashi's a late bloomer for sure, but I don't think she's entirely uninterested. There was that very early chapter where she was kinda charmed by pick-up senpai (while he was trying to use her to get close to Yamada), don't think that would've worked if she was completely asexual. And even if she hasn't been very interested in romance up until now, she also doesn't seem to have had very many close male friends as of yet, and there's gotta be a first time for everything.
Should've separated my paragraphs. I was posting two separate thoughts.

1. Ichikawa and Yamada's circle of friends being in the loop means they can keep the relationship MORE secretive because they know to dispell rumors or to not allow shit like that "surprise party" to happen.

2. I would've agreed about Kobayashi being interested if she didn't seem disinterested in boys.

A naive girl being played by a player doesn't mean anything in my opinion, and ace/aro people can still feel flattered (I don't remember the early chapters of this manga, forgive me if she was in love and I just don't remember it. This story is more a side piece than my main squeeze). I'm gonna agree with what someone else said, and Kobayashi being this aggressively distrusted is going to be used to manufacture drama for when she finds out.

Dex-chan lover
I would have expected mask girl to be sincerely apologising to MC, given that she forced his hand to confess and embarrassed him in front of the entire class.
Kind of dislike her as a character now, at least until they somehow redeem her.

Users who are viewing this thread