The Dangers in My Heart - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - I Became Furious

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand the premise at all.. What is this story about? A love story between psychopath and a glutton? A normal girl and a cringy nervous boy? Is it dark themed about murder? Is it comedy? It looked like dark theme, but at the same time it was brushed off (at least they tried) to mask it as comedy aspect? What?

Dex-chan lover
Back in my day we'd call him a gent. Since around 8 months ago, we call him a "simp".
Seriously, why did it become such a trending word? The whole Belle Delphine thing was last year, no? Dates don't match up.

@Triparadox It's a bit hard to classify. Essentially it's a comedy (some romance too, I'd say). The "dark theme" is just one of the joke. The dude is probably interested in anatomy or stuff like that (or history of serial killers, whatever. One of those hobbies that's "out there", but not really an issue) AND is a Chuuni. And as a Chuuni, he feels like he's a born killer who can't contain his bloodlust.

MD@Home
@Triparadox It's a rom-com about an awkward middle school kid getting over his fear of getting close to people. At the start of the manga he copes with said fear by telling himself some edgelord chuuni bit about how he's going to be a mass murderer someday and *that's* definitely the reason why he's a loner and it's totally not because he's afraid to talk to people or anything like that, so he similarly explains away his crush on Yamada to himself as wanting to kill her because he's afraid to entertain the idea that he'd even *want* to get close to someone. Then in the first chapter he gets a glimpse of the adorkable gluttonous idiot that Yamada really is and his feelings level up from a crush that's probably just based on her being the most attractive girl around him to being this meme:

o8l7e1.png

...so the wannabe-school shooter(stabber?) bit is dropped almost immediately since while it takes a while for him to realize exactly what he *is* feeling even his insecurity-fueled self-delusion isn't capable of reconciling his thoughts of wanting to kill her with his actual actions of going out of his way to help her whenever he thinks she needs it.

Drop levels stabilizing. Comments are combating the edge-lord levels. I shall continue to read to see the pot of gold being teased at the middle of the rainbow.

Dex-chan lover
Moe is dumb as shit, two party sistem is garbage and everyone knows that
Worst mistake ever. The two-party system in the US is why we have such radical polarization and intolerance in now. That and social media echo chambers.

Users who are viewing this thread