The Dangers in My Heart - Vol. 10 Ch. 135 - I Stayed Focused

Dex-chan lover
Screw outdoor sex, next chapter is time for some indoor sex.
aGZkoDP.png
Damn. Japan really into underage sex and teenage pregnancy aren't they?

Flashbacks of Suzuka

Last edited by a moderator:
Aggregator gang
Ain't no way 15-hour study sessions are worth it, especially just for a high-school. They're bright kids and this would just overexhaust and hurt their flexibility (in my graduate exams, at least, there was always a prcentage of questions that tested your ability to actually apply the info in non standartisized ways).
This is the kind of shit you pull for a subject you give 0 fucks about but don't wan't to fail, not to ingrain info - because information aborbtion requires down time, to sort and connect it in your head.
I guess the point is that those exams are more to reward execution of protocols rather than evaluation of weaknesses with subjects to be improved upon, but it's still sad
(edit: I know it's exaggerated, but even if I don't take the numerous depictions of cramming in manga as anything close to reflecting the reality in Japan I've seen similar exam culture irl and wanted to muse about it)

Last edited:
Supporter
Wow, they're actually getting studies done against all expectation and with this much distractions around.

I get the feeling Momo laid a hand on her student when she was a tutor, and that's why she got fired...
I'm sure there was "laid" in there somewhere.

Supporter
Ain't no way 15-hour study sessions are worth it, especially just for a high-school. They're bright kids and this would just overexhaust and hurt their flexibility (in my graduate exams, at least, there was always a prcentage of questions that tested your ability to actually apply the info in non standartisized ways).
This is the kind of shit you pull for a subject you give 0 fucks about but don't wan't to fail, not to ingrain info - because information aborbtion requires down time, to sort and connect it in your head.
I guess the point is that those exams are more to reward execution of protocols rather than evaluation of weaknesses with subjects to be improved upon, but it's still sad
(edit: I know it's exaggerated, but even if I don't take the numerous depictions of cramming in manga as anything close to reflecting the reality in Japan I've seen similar exam culture irl and wanted to muse about it)
Fifteen hour study sessions for exams that won't even take place for another half a year, at that. What are you even possibly going to remember from this by then?

Fifteen hour study sessions for exams that won't even take place for another half a year, at that. What are you even possibly going to remember from this by then?
Eh, you can remember a lot. Ultimately it's down to review. As long as you're regularly reviewing material you already memorized you should maintain those memories, and the review won't be nearly as long as when you first memorized it.

That being said the culture of Japan and other Asian countries of being expected to study 15 hours a day from middle school is kinda insane. In the US it's not that bad until college.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The east asian testing culture is so insane. Tying your whole future to a single test with next to no chances for do-overs. Wasteful from a societal standpoint.
See, it's easy to make this reductive conclusion. I myself thought this way until I got older. That final test is just a culmination of years of building positive character traits, or at least that's what it's supposed to be. It won't always work, but if executed properly, it can.

Dex-chan lover
Yamada was ready to strangle Kobayashi if ever she develops feelings for Ichikawa :LOL:

Power Uploader
This japanese hardassing about exams is huge problem.
Thanks for translation!

Users who are viewing this thread