The Dangers in My Heart - Vol. 4 Ch. 54 - I Prayed at the Shrine

Dex-chan lover
Man, Ichikawa is clueless. As were were we all around that age. Even though it's clear to us and should be clear to him at this point, that Yamada like him. Considering that they held hands on more than one occasion. The first time could have been written off in his mind because of the circumstance of needing to stay together on a crowded train. Although, why would she keep his hand after? hmmmm

The second instance however, should have clued in the little guy. Yamada set him up, took his hand, and didn't give it back for some time.

I'm super interested to see how this relationship blossoms. I wonder if they'll leave things unspoken for some time more.

MD@Home
@Cesarean-Pizza He's not clueless, he's just insecure and terrified of making that leap of faith and potentially getting hurt, so he finds excuses to not make a move. In chapter 49 he lands on "well, she's also really touchy-feely with her girl friends, so maybe she's just put me in that zone." That's patently fucking ridiculous, of course, and he knows that, but it's enough to rationalize not having to think about taking the plunge because that's scary.

Which of course is why onee-chan unknowingly telling him how flagrantly fucking obvious it is that Yamada likes him *like that* is such a big deal. His last defense against having to accept the reality of the situation has taken critical damage, and in the next chapter or two it'll probably crumble entirely.

Dex-chan lover
Does Yamada have a boyfriend?
...Well, she does soon, if things go well.

Aggregator gang
5-142c6985a4e04f1a5fe6e235798cf95d9fb00ef439a374b737d2f12e6373043f.png

Just a reminder that our mc is kinda hot too, no homo.

Contributor
That sums up all of Japan romance situation that I can't really even add anything more.

SS78Wi4.png

Dex-chan lover
Short Yamada in sis’ imagination is such weak sauce compared to the real deal

Fed-Kun's army
Yo there is no way in hell she can eat all that shit and keep that body tight flat. She would have to work out more than 4 times a week lol.

Dex-chan lover
Ryuusenji is a buddhist temple in meguro with a famous big statue of Fudo-Myoo!

“...Fudo Myo-o, whose name means ‘Immovable Wisdom King,’ is represented with a sword to cut through our ignorance and a rope to bind up our emotions...”

(William Wilson, Go Rin no Sho, introduction)

Side note, “emotions” is insufficient out of context. The kind of spiraling, frustrating overthinking our mc does is exactly the kind of thing fudo-myoo cuts away (symbologically).

Users who are viewing this thread