The Dawn to Come - Vol. 1 Ch. 27

Dex-chan lover
I kinda feel bad about liking this series. All that happens to the characters is awful mentally taxing things, but I as a reader am able to justify the characters suffering by holding out hope for a good ending. I worry more and more about how all this will end with each passing chapter.
I think I know what you mean. The drama is interesting, the characters are interesting, but the sense of anxious dread you get from their circumstances is heavy. It's so common to Manhua dramas that I wonder if Korea is ok.

Dex-chan lover
it might be because this is based on a novel, but i like the pacing and the small details in this manhwa so far. like Beomjin putting on a brave face, but finally showing how nervous he was when he leaves the jail cell. i like that when Junyoung met Seungun’s mom in an earlier chapter, she put up a good fight but still “lost” because she’s ultimately an innocent kid and had no idea Seungun’s mom would go so far with looking down on her. a lot of romance manhwa have story beats vaguely similar to this one, but don’t bother getting those details right—there are a lot of “and everybody clapped” moments.

i still find Beomjin’s huge six pack body hilariously distracting though. the art could stand to be better, as it makes this story appear more generic than it actually is.

Users who are viewing this thread