The Dictator

The dude’s mom is French ( which is the reason for his blue eyes and blond hair). Just a reminder for those of you in the comment section that seem to have forgotten or skipped over that part.

Group Leader
I'm enjoying this more than I thought I would... 😂 it's not my usual cup of tea, but I'm always down to mix things up once in awhile and it's a completely different style from what I usually read so why the hell not?

Give it a shot if you're curious, it has its moments

Man this is like those trashy "Sheikh/desert" romance novels. The thing is though, those novels usually glosses over the specific religion and country the ML comes from (even though there's a lot of Arabic/Turkic/Middle Eastern cultural references) because it's hard for the readers to relate to the ML and like the romance if they come from a specific RL country/religious background. There's also the fact that if they get too specific, the book can easily be seen to propagate misguided views on certain culture, people, religion, countries, which could spark controversy or worse - lawsuits. That's why you have those "this is a work of fiction and not based on real-life situation" disclaimers.

At first glance, there's really nothing that set this webtoon apart from other trashy sheikh/desert romance. A notable exception is that this webtoon CHOSE to use the name Oman, a real-life country with an extant Royal Family who are still in power, as the name of the in-universe country and CHOSE to reference Islam. This makes the webtoon too "realistic" and heavy for what, for all intents and purposes, is a typical romance webtoon.

Personally, I find this realism to be uncomfortable. I don't want to think about Oman or the situation in the Middle East or Islamophobia when I read a romance webtoon. I enjoyed a lot of other desert romances (like Amina and the Lamp, etc.), but this webtoon is too close for comfort.

Yes, islamic things are being exagerated in this story, and it’s kinda annoying but it’s ok. Generally I like the story’s vibe. And I really hope she can go back to Korea, her hometown, but it’s not likely :d

Thank you for translating it. The only thing annoyed me is the islamic wrong facts in the story, I mean it can be a sin yes but nobody gives punishment for that, if both of the people agree with the fact.
It’s between the God and the person as long as nobody put another’s freedom at risk.

(I don’t know about the islamic or arab countries. I'm just talking about islam. So, don’t fight with me about the other situations.)

I hope she gets home. I just want them to have a summer love and then each one to go back to their path and continue with their struggles and happiness on their own. Im sorry, but I dont see her as a woman that would stay in an salami country with a prince like that. He will be attractive but is not enough to make a girl stay there. I mean a woman with decent common sense wouldn't.

Even more with his personality, they are a magic to love forever and staying in that country. I just want them to love for a bit and grow and learn as people and then go on their separate ways

I guess my desire for a ending in their romance is that this is not a story based in the old times and a woman from there or some sort of remote country that has different and unique/exotic orr a fantasy like most yaoi stories tend to be. Here the author decided to make it somewhat realistic. I really wouldn't want my m sister to live in a place like that, sorry.

I am tired of these nonsense quotes in summary that you will never see in manga, so I rate it 1/10

this is like so scary and good i def feel like there's going to be great character development and i hope someone else picks up scanlation

Users who are viewing this thread