The Doctor's Supremacy - Ch. 12 - Ignorance

Thanks, Allen.

I dont really understand the debate the're having in China about colored vs black and white. To me either is totally fine, what really matters is how good the story is and how well it's actually drawn. If anything I find I can get a little annoyed with the colored stories because a lot of them go hog fucking wild with the Photoshop filter effects and it detracts from the drawings. I do admit I also admire how much more difficulty is involved in being able to shade and highlight in b&w in a skillful enough way to bring a scene to life.

Fed-Kun's army
Anyone who can do screentones properly is better than even a decent colorist.

Double-page supporter
@givemersspls I disagree with you. Black and white and colour are different. It's not about having colour is superior, it's about the style of story. I don't know if you know the comics corto maltese: the comic would loose it's flavour if it was coloured. But I totally agree than either forcing to colour or not colour is dumb.

It's like the film noire genre: it works better in black and white (with maybe a bit of colour) than in full colour. It's like the artsyle: full details isn't better than simple. An action shonen with realistic characters will fail, same with a 4koma manga. You need to adapt to what you want to tell.

Colored is still better. Black and white done well is by no means bad.
Colored manga is always going to be better though. Forcing it to be colored is stupid though.

Double-page supporter
@givemersspls like that okay. But it's just the possibility of using colour, like the possibility of not using it. Having a possibility is always better, I agree with that. Sorry if I misunderstood your first post, I thought you meant a coloured comic is better than its non-coloured version.

Dex-chan lover
if you can imagine colors in your mind then colors or black and white wont matter but if youre incapable then the answer is obvious.

Double-page supporter
The name's McCree (damn tho the black and white pages look dope as hell would read colored or black and white anytime)

Group Leader
honestly black and white looks really cool, it has this expectation or this sort of pushing your imagination in it along with a detail that cant be seen in colored. I like both styles so I don't really care. Thanks Allen for the updates bruh.

Group Leader
Was that the reason(B/W pages) he named the chapter as ignorance XD

Well indeed the black 'n white looks stunning !! i especially like the amount of details he put on the ass of that girl at the last page !! i think he did enjoy that work 😉

@AllenAllenAllen if you could get the name of the manga/manhua of these 2 last pages it'll be greate !! i'de say we'll love you more than anything else but you're already there 😅

As someone who prefers to read than look at pretty pictures, I oddly enough prefer the colors. I zoom by the black and white too quickly to appreciate anything as I read the tiny text bubbles. Because of that, I'm more of a web novel or light novel guy up until now, but the colored manhua have been my introduction to manga in general.

Users who are viewing this thread