The Dragon Next Door - Vol. 2 Ch. 21 - Even if They Trick Them

Aggregator gang
Thank you for the scans, it was a great read.

btw Naver webtoon have this fan-translation thing. Can't you try contacting them and start working with them officially? I'm sure they'll be glad to share the raws

Contributor
Oh... dammit. That's too bad... Thanks for the updates until now! But man... So many years of waiting just to get stopped by an unexpected paywall. Maybe one day this will get an official translation though? Webtoons isn't doing it as much anymore, but you never know...

Webtoons is being jank right now, this might have to do with their "No sleep November" campaign, locking out a whole bunch of previously free stuff that is now stuck behind a pay wall, if they end of figuring out that that was a bad idea losing most of the watch base, they may revert it back but if it is successful they will most likely keep most things now behind a paywall. I may move away from them out of spite and just pirate their stuff. The reason I even read webtoons was it was free when I wanted to but in exchange for a small amount of money some going to the creator I can see more, which seemed like a really cool system, sad they are going other ways.

F to the following series:

Pigpen: was uploading a weekly schedule now is complete but reduced to 10 episodes with the rest behind a pay wall
Refund High school: Read was when free, now reduced to 10, rest behind pay wall
Super Secret: Was reading when they switched from free to payed, pirated the rest
And many more

Ah, well thanks for your hard work up to this point.
I was looking forward to what the yellow guy in the later chapters was all about.. maybe someday

BCS

Dex-chan lover
Damn this was actually a good series

@Nolzi No I think they can "get away" with actually selling a product and not just giving it away for free

Waiting all these years just to get cockblocked by a sudden paywall. Fuck Naver.

Contributor
@Unrequited how much would be to unlock the episodes? If you open a Patreon or something I will chip in, I need to know how this story ends.

Power Uploader
@Nolzi to start, a naver account needs a korean phone number and we don't even have that. If we do manage to get an account though, i think the app offers weekly unlocks for free if I'm understanding the auto translate of the site correctly

Double-page supporter
several free korean webcomics became paid walled. Even the entire toomics website was suddenly paidwalled. I guess they suddenly think, they'll be the next pick to be animated, like noblesse, tower of god and god of highscool.

Hmmm... I wonder if one of those cloud based phone numbers would do it (like callhippo), or if it would be flagged as not legit. If it works you'd only need to pay for the shortest time to get your account verified.

I'd gladly chip in if it's possible :)

@Unrequited some others have mentioned this, but have you looked at all into the naver translation program?
https://translate.webtoons.com/
You might be able to work through this to get translations done.

@Ashyboy it's not available for translation through there as of yet. It's only the series on this page: https://translate.webtoons.com/translate

The FAQ says you can request series you'd like to see available for translation through this form: https://m.help.naver.com/support/inquiry/input4Global.help?serviceNo=10825&lang=en

Hopefully enough people doing requesting it will get some gears turning 🤔

Was wondering why are there a lot of comments in a short time, i though there was a big surprise. Well i'm right tho..

@Unrequited My naver account uses my US phone number, though it might require a korean phone number to buy cookies which are used to unlock the chapters (though I'm pretty sure this isn't the case). I also have the books but scans would be lower quality than the digital raws.

Users who are viewing this thread