The Dreaming Boy Is a Realist - Vol. 5 Ch. 31

Dex-chan lover
Sister is still a douchebag, MC should've told her better on the rooftop last time instead of laughing it out to mantain the status quo
Sister is just greatly concerned about Sajou well being. As far as we can see there's some power struggle between "east" and "west" and sge just don't want to drag him in this squabble.
I don't know why everyone is blaming her for this, she genuinely love her brother and trying to protect him, she's just a little harsh, thats all. He said himself, he's just "normal" student and this battlefield is not for normal student.
She's sharp, harsh and quite "abusive" in physical way (pretty ok for siblings to tease each other, dunno that's how I'm with my sister's), but she still greatly cares about him and obviously love him(as a brother). She were even ready to apologize and behave herself for his sake when she thought she pushed too hard and lowered his self esteem.

Group Leader
I really like that she's become protective of him, even though she keeps misunderstanding things.
She needs to learn to communicate properly with him.

On the other hand, stop shipping him with Natsukawa, aneki...

Dex-chan lover
Sister is just greatly concerned about Sajou well being. As far as we can see there's some power struggle between "east" and "west" and sge just don't want to drag him in this squabble.
I don't know why everyone is blaming her for this, she genuinely love her brother and trying to protect him, she's just a little harsh, thats all. He said himself, he's just "normal" student and this battlefield is not for normal student.
She's sharp, harsh and quite "abusive" in physical way (pretty ok for siblings to tease each other, dunno that's how I'm with my sister's), but she still greatly cares about him and obviously love him(as a brother).
Her and their mother is the entire reason he is like this considering their best past time acrivity at home is shitting on him constantly. It is the main pillar of the story. Her "love" is nothing different from any other abusive partner's "love". His self-esteem is so low that the moment someone like Natsukawa showed a little compension towards him at the start of the story, he entirely fixated on her with his whole being to the leves of a stalker. Because any kind of positive feedback is entirely missing in his home. But now that his delusion and fixation is somehow subsided, he is back to his zero self-esteem self again.

She were even ready to apologize and behave herself for his sake when she thought she pushed too hard and lowered his self esteem.

For any other functional person, you don't need to be "ready" to fix your fuck up. You just do it right away. She wasn't looking out for his wellbeing, she was feeling guilty and wanted to be free from it. Which Wataru swiftly provides practicely saying that he has already given up and she doesn't need to change. While reinforcing my first point saying "than just stop being a bitch". But she doesn't really understand the issue at hand so he just says "carry on".

Dex-chan lover
Her and their mother is the entire reason he is like this considering their best past time acrivity at home is shitting on him constantly. It is the main pillar of the story. Her "love" is nothing different from any other abusive partner's "love". His self-esteem is so low that the moment someone like Natsukawa showed a little compension towards him at the start of the story, he entirely fixated on her with his whole being to the leves of a stalker. Because any kind of positive feedback is entirely missing in his home. But now that his delusion and fixation is somehow subsided, he is back to his zero self-esteem self again.

For any other functional person, you don't need to be "ready" to fix your fuck up. You just do it right away. She wasn't looking out for his wellbeing, she was feeling guilty and wanted to be free from it. Which Wataru swiftly provides practicely saying that he has already given up and she doesn't need to change. While reinforcing my first point saying "than just stop being a bitch". But she doesn't really understand the issue at hand so he just says "carry on".
You are overreacting for his one time quote about them saying "You are average". I don't know what's wrong with that, it's perfectly normal. Of course if you are not bullied kid with 0 self esteem to consider "normal" as "below average". The trigger for Sajou to become like that was the fact that he realized he was total creep around his idol. She wasn't even able to find any friends apart Ashida before he stopped. As he himself mentioned before, it doesn't drag him down one bit, he just slowly realized they were right, but it affected him quite hard because he realized how creepy and cringe he was.
This "switch" for people around him just came up from nowhere. Sister as a people around him are confused as well. I don't know why everyone so sensitive about that and accusing sister of bullying, its just dumb. Me and my sisters same as my friends and their relatives always teasing each other calling someone stupid or cringe so what? That does not mean we don't like each other. Kaede along with Komachi and little sister from one time travel manga I forgot the name of are ideal representation of more or less "real" relationship between brothers and sisters. If you are so Sensitive to assume MC was hurt by obvious remarks abot him, I suggest you to not read any Josei or Seinen works because there are crap loads of this kind of interactions between adults.

You are not special, your actions are creepy, you are making fool of yourself. That's what Kaede most likely told him AND SHE WAS RIGHT, he was annoying, creepy idiot prior to the start of manga timeline, nothing is wrong about that.

Dex-chan lover
You are overreacting for his one time quote about them saying "You are average".
Sorry but need to ask, did you by any chance read the LN as well? I don't wanna get in to a meaningless back and forth if one side is missing context. Manga is just another adeptation of the real source material afterall.

Dex-chan lover
Sorry but need to ask, did you by any chance read the LN as well? I don't wanna get in to a meaningless back and forth if one side is missing context. Manga is just another adeptation of the real source material afterall.
If it was different in LN than may be you are correct, i didn't read it quite far. That's still don't make any sense to preach or blame someone in other adaptation. Source material are the same, but it's still different from original and here's no real reason blaming someone based on OTHER WORK.

Dex-chan lover
If it was different in LN than may be you are correct, i didn't read it quite far. That's still don't make any sense to preach or blame someone in other adaptation. Source material are the same, but it's still different from original and here's no real reason blaming someone based on OTHER WORK.
No you are right, that's why i feel the need to ask. My comments are mostly due the detailed background knowledge i have and the context that provides. But regardless, i highly recommend the novels for this since the premise itself works better with extended monologues of the characters written down. Which is something hard for a manga to adept and almost impossible for an anime to do well too.

Dex-chan lover
No you are right, that's why i feel the need to ask. My comments are mostly due the detailed background knowledge i have and the context that provides. But regardless, i highly recommend the novels for this since the premise itself works better with extended monologues of the characters written down. Which is something hard for a manga to adept and almost impossible for an anime to do well too.
Yeah I know, thank you for recommending that. Im not quite good with LN due to lack of "emotions" that graphic adaptation can provide in much more quantity and quality then text with some illustrations, but If work is worth like Isin Nisio's or this one, I like to try, but only when I'm traveling like in train or plane. Its even already downloaded when I started it few months ago xDD

Contributor
Man, what a shitshow that scene was. I understand his unkind sister was trying to look out for him, in her own unkind way, but damn did that backfire badly on her. Maybe it was just for her own self-satisfaction, but in any case it didn't work.

"You, you're not being threatened, right?"
Yes, but no. Hayato used the idea of Wataru making Aika happy with his help as a bargaining chip of sorts to manipulate him into helping, so it's not totally voluntary on his part I'd say.

It was just one panel, but I enjoyed that look of guilt on Takaaki's face. His male pride must be hurting so much at seeing his love rival be so productive and helpful, making his crush smile and lifting her burdens while he couldn't gain anything despite being by her side so much.

Oh? Something gonna happen? A payoff event, maybe? Did sis and Aika cook something up?
Well, I'll believe it when I see it.

Yep and afterwards treated like she had nothing wrong no discipline for her well their normal life at home is like that too with her being abusive
super weird seeing the scene of the school prez grabbing a student by the neck and pushing his brother without any consequence.
also didn't he just told her to not butt in on his shit

Users who are viewing this thread