The Dreaming Boy Is a Realist - Vol. 5 Ch. 31

Dex-chan lover
I was going to complain about the sister scene here, since her hurting him and then going on as if she didn't was bullshit but it seems the LN was different, can someone explain what happened there?
Snippety-Snip. LN has her more furious and threatening than in the manga. Here, it's lacking some punch. And yeah, in the LN she definitely cared more about him getting hurt than in the manga.

Last edited:
Supporter
Is it gonna end soon?
There are still three-plus LN volumes to adapt with another dropping in the not too distant future, so there's plenty more stuff to sustain a longer run but it could always get the read-the-books axe at any time.

Dex-chan lover
this manga feels so different from where it started. still dont know how i feel about it. thanks for getting us caught up

Dex-chan lover
Balancing this between CCClaw's TLs of the novel, it's painful and relieving simultaneously because you lose so much of the Stream of Consciousness that is happening in Wataru's head. Unfortunately, we're speeding along to where the current novels end, so don't rush it folks - you may not see updates for a long time from the mangaka or the official LN catching up.

What's not adequately explained in either source is the full story of East vs West in the HS, where "Claumaty" fits in other than comic relief, and what really happened to Kaede to make her furious that Wataru is being dragged into the Student Council's shenanigans.

Dex-chan lover
I am LOVING these translations. So easy to read! Great job! Really!
fr fr I've seen to many text heavy mangas butchered because the translations are a mess, that is why I love Kurohs work here

Dex-chan lover
Thanks a lot for the smooth catching up!
I will be looking forward to the monthly chapters if your schedule works out!

Dex-chan lover
I'm not really a fan how they handled showing Wataru's effectiveness when working, the novel was definitely better in that regard but, so far, so good, way better than the anime at least.

Supporter
Balancing this between CCClaw's TLs of the novel, it's painful and relieving simultaneously because you lose so much of the Stream of Consciousness that is happening in Wataru's head. Unfortunately, we're speeding along to where the current novels end, so don't rush it folks - you may not see updates for a long time from the mangaka or the official LN catching up.

What's not adequately explained in either source is the full story of East vs West in the HS, where "Claumaty" fits in other than comic relief, and what really happened to Kaede to make her furious that Wataru is being dragged into the Student Council's shenanigans.
It's sorta explained in passing. StuCo prez had a family-arranged marriage set up with Claumaty that he rejected in favor of banging everyone he could bang until he got completely out of control and Kaede "corrected" him. As a result, he fell hard for her and joined with her and Rin in a still-hazy effort to correct the school's imbalance (which Kaede appears to have accelerated once she found out Wataru also intended to attend the school). Claumaty took all of this really hard and did something violent about it before the series began, after which she was supposed to be carefully watched (but clearly wasn't). And then the stuff in volume eight happens.

Dex-chan lover
Just trying to remember here. Natsukawa always called Wataru by his first name or it's just in her inner monologues? I mean, he stopped calling her Aika, right?

Supporter
Just trying to remember here. Natsukawa always called Wataru by his first name or it's just in her inner monologues? I mean, he stopped calling her Aika, right?
Correct. Even when he felt most distant from her (the handful of times she became "Natsukawa-san"), she's always continued using his given name. One of many little clues to her true feelings.

Dex-chan lover
aww sis does care about sajou tho she went about it in a really weird fashion

Whenever I see his sister and her "friends" I have to think about this popular picture on the internet where a girl sits on the couch

Users who are viewing this thread