The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes - Ch. 20

Who gives a single fuck about the topic at hand when the bitch at hand is literally screaming and shoving people. Then you step up like its brave and not completely pointless. Also how do you bleed from a slap, I looked it up and this bitch's slap can't cause anything more than a dramatic snap to the side.

Dex-chan lover
@Vasqueztion or dare I say - she's reacting like that precisely because she's so human.

Human nature can be... violently flawed sometimes.

if the old chloe was so incompetent,.... whyd the duke marry her in the first place? skdhfsf or maybe i just forgot something lmfao

This girl needs a snicker also
@Belovedpink exactly and that's why this is messed up everyone seems to be celebrating the death of original chloe they still hold no respect or sympathy for her they still see her as nothing.
And
@AngryFerret I totally agree everyone saw her as unworthy of respect because she had a low self esteem and a hard time doing stuff that she was not being helped with. The butler guy did help her with them but he only did so because he saw chloe as nuisance who'll ruin the Duke's reputation.
Also note he didn't help by teaching her how to do them correctly instead he did them by himself basically like he was pushing her out of the way and saying "shoo I'll do it before you do any further damage." Which kinda put down her reputation even more.
Whats more sad about this is that all of a sudden everyone starts seeing her as respectable and as a person who should be treated like a person. I completely understand that in their view point she wasn't seen as someone fit for her position cause she was very incompetent, had a low selfesteem and a pushover; But to the point where they start to bully her and treat her like total shit because of it! the heck man.
Its even more sad how they all changed faces pretty quickly and just how ugly people can truly be deep down inside. These people are all two faced none of them feel bad for how the treated original chole they're glad shes gone.

Dex-chan lover
@Galaxymilkduds I agree with most of what you said. A lot of these people really aren't trustworthy. But it's not like it applies to all of them. Some of them like the knights and kitchen servants barely interacted with her much less bully her. In fact the kitchen maids have a legitimate reason to dislike her after what she did but they still didn't harass her from what I've seen which is praiseworthy even if it's only because she has a higher position. The knights barely even know her past self and only really seen her current self with some small exceptions,

Dex-chan lover
....that's one hell of a smack.

@umjen So that he won't fall in love with her. Plus, while she is incompetent, she doesn't exactly ask for much either.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
That arm strenght, enough to make someone bleed...

Damn all these characters are complete a*sholes except for Ellie mostly. And current Chloe ofc (also all the kitchen staff)

The head chef has a good legitimate reason to hate her but the head maid's just a dick lol

ok , nvrmind my last comment on maybe the butler being redeemable. I get the whole "respect based on ability" but you knew about not only the harassment but still punished a maid you knew was innocent. i cant with him. i have a shit list and it keeps getting longer. it goes

1.Duke, choose incompetent staff, and placed unprepared ppl into situations they weren't taught to handle, and then neglected them and got upset with negative results
2. Chloe, face and popularity obsessed she tried to be everything she wasnt, lied and blamed others for her own failings, resulting in loss of property at home and a maid to be whipped.
3. Butler, new the harassment the duchess was undergoing and did nothing, as well as participated in the punishment of a maid who he knew was innocent.
4.Maid collin, from ch1 who got slapped, shes just a bully due to her own inferiority issues and i cant like her. she pushes around her coworkers literally and is still trying to obsess and bully a kid from her childhood. Also she then proceeded to try to isolate her when she started making moves to get along better, by punishing a lower maid for following the the duchess' orders and trying to get along.
5. Park, the reincarnator, just ok with abusing staff after coming from a society she lived in for 28y where abuse at work is a major no no. And then while knowing the crimes Chloe committed before she took over, shes still acting snide about how ppl treat her. The empathy is gone

Wow I never thought a manhwa about Tea would've had so many people arguing in the comment section 😂😂

Double-page supporter
I like the character design of the short-haired maid. She's rather handsome (lol) & looks the same as her brother, or is he her twin? Their curly short hair's exactly the same too lol.
Edit: On second thought, the man's not her brother lol but they almost look the same anyway. The one who's helping her to stand up after being pushed by that delusional (chamber?) maid.

My heart whenever Jacklyn shows up: 💘

Seriously, how dare that head maid slap my stan!!! This person makes my blood boils.

Note: I swear this whole household is a circus.

The Duke choose a duchess for her lack of influence and whether or not she will fall inlove with him and didn't include her competency on running the household even though he knew that the responsibility for managing it will fall on her. He made her notes and there's an instructor but it's hard to learn something for the first time she's gonna need time so why can't they exposed her to the job little by little, I meAN EVEN PEOPLE WHO STUDIED FOR FOUR YEARS SUFFERED ANXIETY ON THEIR JOB!! Do you seriously expect her to perform good?

And the butler and the head maid who should be helping the duchess are a bystander and a bully. How could the duchess get respect from the rest of the household when the two of them like that??

I means geez.. how could the people on this household expect someone to perform good on such a toxic environment? She's stupid? She didn't receive an education to handle a household on dukedom scale, the person who bully her since childhood is the head maid whose using her position to continue bullying her, the "respect people who deserve respect" butler play nice infront of her while allowing the bullying to continue and the Duke ignores the whole shitshow. This household is the textbook example of a toxic workplace lol.

Users who are viewing this thread