The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes - Ch. 44

Dex-chan lover
> 76 tea candies

They better not be difference kinds of tea flavors for each candy lol

For a sec, I really that that there was gonna be lube in the tea caddy.
“This is your surprise, wife!”

... Dammit, I have a new ship alignment for best tea pal... Step aside Alphonse, you're obviously husbando numero uno, BUT! TEA BUDDY NUMBA WAN GOES TO YEOJIN!!!!!

Dex-chan lover
the "tea" in the 2nd to last text bubble was awkward, it's a double statement, it's probably more of the original author's context but for sincerity sakes for the reader and Yeojin's prejudice towards her new employer, it would have been better without.
I look forward to injecting some chicken blood with the new character
AND husband, you're getting out of bounds sir.

yes!
this is how it should be
it should be about tea
tea can move people
even though i don't like milk tea, i prefer tea over coffee anytime

This! This right here? This is why I love the main character of this series. You can see the love and passion she has for tea. This may be a strange comparison, but her energy reminds me of sports shounen manga where the characters’ love for their respective sports can instantly get you to root for them. You can see her strong desire to enjoy tea and that, to me, makes her look so much more alive than most MCs of other series with a similar setup.

TLDR: One way to make a character more interesting is by giving them something they can be passionate about.

@Rumifluss The art style seemed to change a bit some chapters ago; MC seems to be more feminine somehow, but the wasp waist is a little weird-looking. ^^;; Idk, has she been shown wearing a corset before? That's the only explanation I can think of that matches this setting.

@chonkury She actually has been shown wearing a corset (back in chapter 4), but I assume it's just a gradual shift in the art style.

Contributor
For me the line following "this isn't simply someone putting up an appearance of liking tea" would rather instead have been, "this is a genuine obsessed tea maniac." But each to their own. XD

Contributor
It only just now occurred to me the inherent humour of the gift-giving in this chapter.

Last time: "Fancy jewelry? Eeeh... Keep it. Give me something that shows more affection."

This time: "It's... An empty box?! Honey, you're amazing, this is just what I wanted!"

In conclusion: She is a cat.

Users who are viewing this thread