The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes - Ch. 45

I'm guessing the word used in Korean was '부인'? If so, bu-in means missus, wife, madam so it's better to keep just 'wife' rather than 'my wife'

what happened? did it really jump to the party? i was hoping to know how the newhire would turn out...

Alphonso here giving me high expectation for the future ╰(艹皿艹 )
how can he be such a great husband ヽ(≧□≦)ノ

@actankeh I'm pretty sure they had a talk and drank some tea before moving on to the invitation and the party. Did it not load for you or where you hoping to see more details about how it went after they had tea?

It's cute calling her "my wife", I think it's fitting with Alphonse personality of not showing too much emotion but still trying to call Chloe with an endearing nickname.

Double-page supporter
The translation to just "wife" always seemed a bit odd to me, but it felt like it gave the Duke some character. He's *extremely* straight-laced usually, so I thought it was something that fit his character, being strictly formal, even in casual conversation.

I wouldn't mind changing it or keeping it the same.

Alternatives: bro, my addictea, shawty, mrs, baby, my sugar, etc.

In all seriousness, “my love” would be better

I think it's a case of translation problem isn't it? I think it's similar on how onii-chan literally means brother but just calling your brother with just brother is kind of awkward. My wife is probably a good route here.

Group Leader
Has this been dropped? only asking because reading up to ch 62 on a different site....

And alot less well translated/quality *cough*

@Wulfleyn unfortunately, during the meeting/introduction scene between the two, i only saw the foreign aide realizing how the duchess genuinely likes tea and acknowledges her sincerity. but nothing about an official appointment or agreement to any responsibilities in the service of the duchess. and that was about it. next chapter starts with the party scenes. it felt a bit jarring.

i read the official translation and he calls her "my wife", idk if it's just to fit the languange but i do feel "my wife" will make the dialogs less awkward

Users who are viewing this thread