The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes - Ch. 45

I vote for the third choice. Wifey~ sounds adorable and intimate. I am waiting for a day Alphonse calling his wifey with adorable names!

@Poklamez the problem is wife is very cold and distant and it echoes back to the start of the series when he didn't really care about
her. Now that his feelings have changed i think My wife would be better or just use her name.

@ArpanaR lol Cancer's my brother. I'm Aries here through and through ;)

Also I think wife is fine because in my culture my mom calls dad 'listen' which sounds endearing in it's own way. Since this is how the author wants to address chloe then that's fine with me. Maybe the sentiment doesn't carry when reading in English but the tone should be obvious by Alphonse's expression.

Oh no! Is she that drunk girl at a party?
I'm glad the Duke was watching over her to make sure the men didn't hug her. It would have been a huge scandal.

I love her when she is drunk though she is so cute

Dex-chan lover
"Wife" is an upgrade from "Duchess" (which is how he addressed her earlier). I felt like when he started calling her that, it was a huge milestone for him. "My wife" would be fine as a replacement, but I don't see it as necessary.

I like the possessiveness of "My wife". Considering his lack of emotions I think it fits that he gets really possessive over the one thing he has emotions for.

“Wife” sounds better to me, bc it comes out more naturally when spoken in conversation used as it is than “my wife”. Plus, it’s more accurate to what he’s actually saying. I honestly think his use of “wife” in general is endearing and possessive enough already, no need to clarify what’s already known

I know it's probably grammaticaly incorrect, but can it be wifey? Just imagine Alphonse calling the MC like that, so cuteeee😍

Contributor
I don't know how I didn't notice before now, but this art style makes total sense if you consider it as someone who spent their whole time drawing BL and are now drawing a straight up vanilla romance.

I'd imagine he's using the term "wife" like the way a guy would say "dear" in english

maybe if english had a word that means a cross between "dear" and "milady" or something but i dont think that exists

Fed-Kun's army
i'm fine with just "wife," i read it as a title??? it's cute. THIS CHAPTER WAS SO CUTE chloe's adorable

thank you for the update!

Users who are viewing this thread