The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes - Ch. 47

@K_mari
Do you mean the woman who got executed for attempted murder on the female lead? Because I remember her speceficly trying to trick FM to going into a very dangerous place and if she hadn't been stop could have died.

fun fact: even though the women's waists here are depicted as missing ribs, most women who wore corsets when corsets were more common than bras actually didn't use them to bring in their waists! I believe the men were more likely to use them to hide their beer belly lol

I'm kinda hoping that we eventually get an arc where Chloe has to struggle really hard to solve the problem, I feel like the story's really been lacking meaningful conflict :/

@Gasky "Almost succeeded in indirectly convincing someone to go to a dangerous place which she reasonably could've already known was dangerous" is hardly grounds for execution. Besides, Thermian argument applies here. You can come up with whatever in-universe justification you want, but the fact is that this series takes great pleasure in the leads being able to harshly punish their unrealistically treacherous servants and peers. They're punching down in pretty much every conflict.

Dex-chan lover
why point at a map? why not refer to a catalog of tea?
or at least a list that details what she has in stock

Fed-Kun's army
@areticentreader you're not wrong, but previously she was well known to be an incredibly weak woman. it takes a decent amount of time to dispel previous impressions throughout the entirety of high society. but you're right, nothing particularly challenging has happened, certainly nothing worth real effort

I'm here for the Duke's negotiation tactics - seduce your way to a better deal, Duke 😏

I love how the REAL main conflict in this series is which Tea they're going to introduce. These pansy noble swine don't stand a chance to the power of Tea. HAIL TO THE TEA.

Thanks for the translation!

Damn, like the politically correct map a lot. This is a catalog of teas, lol, not a story, and I think I'm loving it when I consider that.

@TwinAero You find it fruity? Interesting! Personally I find Tieguanyin distinctly floral - strong lilac aroma complemented by honey notes. Darjeeling is the most floral out of black teas I've tried. Less sweet than Tieguanyin with wildflower aroma.

Double-page supporter
I don't think MC needs to be playing these games with these bitches if she doesn't want to. She is a Dutchess, second only to a Princess or Queen in terms of power. She can easily shut them down whenever she wants to or have her husband do it. I'm not sure why she's choosing the "withstand this" route when she obviously doesn't have to. It would be something different if she and the Duke weren't on good terms, but they certainly are on good terms and there's nothing any of these other ladies can do about it.

Fed-Kun's army
Our duchess was going to clash with this little twit regardless of how the story went. She (the silver haired twit) wants this fight to the death....

Dex-chan lover
@degenerateafro
She CAN do that, but I don't think she's the type to swing her power all willy nilly. Plus, if she DID do that, it wouldn't end well for her as well. Rumors will spread that she's basically a snitchy bitch (even though it was well deserved in the first place) and we are back to square one.

Dex-chan lover
@Squidco42 Indeed. As the saying goes, "with great power comes great responsibility." If she was going to cry to her husband for a verbal spat she will have degressed as a person. It's not like the head maid who tried to have her murdered, this was just a jealous twot mouthing off and immediately getting countered. No additional actions needed.

Double-page supporter
@Squidco42 There are already a bunch of rumors going around about her anyway.
If they are going to talk about her anyway, she should at least let them know there will be consequences. You can't just be a bitch to the Duke's wife who also happens to be on good terms with the Prince and the King. It doesn't work that way. They have already established in the story that the former head maid was executed. I'm not saying she has to go that far, but it is in her best interest to let them know where they stand and that they can not continue to be so flippant around her.
Be good to her and she will be good to you. Be a bitch to her and there will be consequences. It makes rumors after that point much simpler to contain.

Users who are viewing this thread