The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes

Contributor
Also? Not nearly enough tea commentary in this comment section; how many of you made a cuppa because a new chapter came out, eh? What is everyone's favorite tea? Do you take it with lemon, or milk, or sugar? I'm partial to a malty black Irish Breakfast with soy milk and a splash of whiskey, but also a nice cold boba thai tea fucking rocks!

Edit: ok I wrote my tea & whiskey preferences before reading up to the latest chapters but I'm genuinely surprised there's a chapter about this??? See I'm not weird! Lmao

i think i might drop this, sadly the interesting spin on tea isn’t relied on so much in terms of a plot device. usually it’d be the characters that would carry next but the ML is pretty generic and the romance plot isn’t my type of spice. totally understandable if it’s enjoyable for other people but i’ll sit this one out

Not me looking up local tea shops after reading this.
While I tend to like more plot heavy stuff, this is really cute. I feel like it’s a well deserved quick break from reality. I love this story and cannot wait to read more.

This is entirely mediocre. And I do not care about the art usually, but this style I really don't dig.

@Letheliah Valerian tea? As in catnip? I've had that before bed, but do you actually enjoy the taste in itself?

Contributor
@bighomer yes they're in the same herb family. There's a Sleepytime Tea that mixes it in with the chamomile because it has a calming effect (my tattoo artist has a processed pill form of valerian for first timers who get nervous).

I'm honestly sticking around for the business side of the story, but like every else said it really is just mediocre; the story is more the reactions of the flat characters who doubt the MC then any actual character growth, I think because the author doesn't use the side characters introduced to us as anything more than affirming the MC's OP tea knowledge.

I really would have liked to see more about tea trade, especially given how tea in our world is varied but holds imperialistic connotations and nuance, it's a complicated and interesting topic.

Still say this story should be called 50 brews of tea recipe fetishes.

@jimmyvbuck and no progress has been made plot and character wise. So noone is missing much.

Dex-chan lover
unknown.png

ok finally realized this isnt dave strider

this is kinda tiring to read it feels like she lives just for other people with the amount of tea and business and how she helps every people she met T___T not that it's a bad thing but i can't seem to know her personality and all that except for ... she loves tea?

Dex-chan lover
this series is kind of bland and uneventful. I really just read it for the tea, but it doesn't feel like the art of tea but so much as the gimmick of tea and poorly applying it. there are many things that this story doesn't justify. our protagonist Chloe just feels like a borderline self-insert that is more specialized than propagating the Japanese agenda
no one directly challenges her and everything is quickly swept under the rug without reinforcing the already establish. it's fast paced to say the least, but it's glosses over everything
ML is inconsistent. sweet, sure thing. yandere is not sweet and contradicts ANY PERSONALITY he built up to that point. it's romance but it's sidelined because of business, BUT even that in itself is poor writingbut I still want a child
I AM VERY CLOSE TO DROPPING THIS. the TL is amazing, but the content of each chapter makes me want to puke blood, how is it humanely possible to NOT consider this or that, and it's not just one instance. IT'S EVERYWHERE.
someone tell me how this is a good story?

Group Leader
Why is the latest chapter so overdramatic lmao. It's like a kdrama revolving around tea leaves xD

At first I enjoyed the story since I also love tea yet the fact that throughout all the chapters (as of now ch 58), seems to be going nowhere (?). Since there seems to be no rising action and all that. Personally for me, it actually has no substance at all. I read through it all thinking that it'll be better yet in the end all I felt from it was 'meh', or nothing. The dialogues were also kinda bland. The Mc, the way I see it, remained stagnant throughout the story.

All in all, it's a 'meh' story for me. It's not the worst and it's not the best. It's just...there. Though I do appreciate and love the fact that the creator put enough effort in all things that revolve around the tea and I do hate the fact that all the effort only went there and not to the characters or the story itself.

The manga is really interesting but can be a little bit slow now and then. The concept of her living for no-one else but herself is a great one that the author have almost used to it full potential.

The only thing holding her back from spreading her wings is the duke that almost all ways feel out of place and the things he says and do feel kinda creepy then romantic. In my eyes I see a lot of more interesting guys and girls that I believe is a better match for her.

I Viljar wud love to hear another persons veiw on the Duke and the romance between them to understand if im right or wrong whit my opinion aboute him.

I'm on chapter 37. Saw the electric lighting. My interest in this series just died a little bit...
\
Joke aside, it gets pretty slow now compared to the beginning chapters, just like Doctor Elise... I hope this won't be dumbed down to a cliche romance like Elise. Both have so much potential...

Users who are viewing this thread