The Duke of Death and His Black Maid - Vol. 6 Ch. 71 - Ghost Bride

jak

Contributor
So Alice can see ghosts. I really think her mom was the one to curse him now.

Group Leader
Ok, so this is either just a fun chapter or we just got a whole lotta information about Alice

Aggregator gang
I always wonder why Alice's mom cursed him if she did? I know a reason for the curse being cast from Alice's mother was probably to keep them together and no one to interfere I.E. Dukes mother. I feel her curse on him was one part to spite his mom because if she could she would marry the duke off to a noblewoman of a higher status. Maybe the two got into a fight between Alice and Duke being marrying to each other. On one hand Alice supported the marriage base of love for her daughter and the duke. And on the other hand Dukes mother probably wanted to marry him off to another noble and get rid of Alice as a way not to complicate things.

Dex-chan lover
Hasn't it already been established that alice's mom was the one that cursed him? i remember them practically saying it during the witchmoot.

Dex-chan lover
@wilddeath nah, what was heavily implied was that she was a witch, coz the leader knew her, but we dont have a 100% confirmation yet

Dex-chan lover
I think the author is burying himself in a plothole
he can't fill it with something that makes sense

Dex-chan lover
The Duke has certainly become much more optimistic than he was at the beginning of the series. Case in point, he's measuring Alice's finger for a ring.

Dex-chan lover
If Alice can see ghosts, and her mother was friend with a witch, and is implied that that witch knows or is the one that cursed the Duke, wont this incriminate Alice's mom a bit too much?

Dex-chan lover
what a ghost "i will obediently go to heaven" xD

hmm is there a chance that Alice's mother is not dead? i mean who was Alice talking to about her mother... and Alice being able to see ghosts... that is such a sudden information...

Dex-chan lover
What if, the duke's and Alice's idea of 'ghost' differ?
Right before the question, Alice was staring at, not the ghost, but the viewer, and when asked, deny seeing 'them'. Later on, she still deny seeing ghost, but admit to seeing the bride, which might implied that she can sense 'ghost'(the viewer), but can't see them, and is able to see the ghost bride perfectly, but put those in 2 different category. Also vaguely remember that there might be a fourth-wall break in like one the the witches chapters so the idea is not impossible.

that, or my caffeine-laden brain just went on a tangent.

Dex-chan lover
@R4and0mGuy crazy or not, I like the idea! Honestly, nothing can surprise me anymore when it comes to Alice at this point.

Well, it was always a given that she could see ghosts. The piano music ghost was spotted by her after all.

Users who are viewing this thread