The Duke of Death and His Black Maid - Vol. 8 Ch. 101 - Blizzard

Dex-chan lover
People have been calling death flags in this manga since forever. I think they're associating it with some other manga that have a similar sort of atmosphere and let characters die as part of the drama. But this isn't that type of manga. If anything, it laughs at death.

@MangaMonger I feel like some characters are definitely gonna die or at least get heavily in injured in the climax of this story

Double-page supporter
So this was Daleth's plan? Get him to use time magic so he'll want to go back to help the Duke and somehow prevent her sister from ending up on a coma?
I'm surprised there were still people thinking Sade (Daleth's elder twin sister and the one that cursed the Duke- she hadn't been named yet, here, to be fair, but she's named on the Wikipedia article for the series) and Sharon (Alice's mother) were the same person by this chapter, when it was already clearly illustrated they were different people (arguably as early as the Sabbath arc or the first time a flashback showed Sharon's face, clearly showing a mole that Sade, pictured from the very start holding the Duke as she curses him, does not have on her face). Sade has been definitively stated to be dead, while Sharon is only 'mostly dead'. The only way she is a threat is if Zain time-travels and encounters her while he tries to fix things in the past.

Daleth does not want to bring back Sade- she hates her sister. She, however, does want to restore Sharon. I feel like anyone thinking otherwise failed to read the appropriate chapters carefully enough.

I bet she cursed the duke and him being young he gave her a hug or something, thus killing her with her own curse.
I mean, maybe, but I feel like things suggest a different course of events. I distinctly get the impression that the Duke has never killed a person with his curse (and is unlikely to start- it feels out of tone for the series)- only animals and plants. Sade's death is likely due to some other series of events that are still yet to be revealed as of this chapter. I think I remember Daleth describing Sade carrying Sharon's body away while Rob watched, which presumably happened sometime after the curse was initially laid down, but before he was exiled to the old estate, with Rob to watch over him (since it feels like they didn't immediately send him away after finding out about his curse).

Of course, here I am commenting years later while binge-reading this series when these people were probably reading this chapter by chapter as KireiCake translated and uploaded.

Users who are viewing this thread