The Duke of Death and His Maid

This is bad for my sugar level.

If you want a similar story (a bit more tragic) I recomment "My Boo", it's a korean webtoon (available LEGALY for FREE on Line Webtoon).

Holy shit that last flashback arc was really rad... I think it might have been much better to start that way in order to show character growth... Either way, it made story so much better and characters more relatable...

before i start reading this, can someone tell me if its safe? i mean i dont wanna start reading this and then getting a final where alice dies at dukes hands or some shit like that

This is great, but it does seem like it's getting fairly thin. There's progression of characters and story, but with no movement in the narrative. The writer has done his best to completely paralyze the point of conflict, and it's kind of boring. I can greatly enjoy a manga where it's just little relationship stories every chapter, but you've got me hooked on the idea of removing his curse. Rather than seeing how he deals with his gimmick, all I can care about is seeing it confronted
since the possibility was introduced. Having it made clear that the Witch who placed it died does not remove that desire for change or tension at all. Now I'm just dissatisfied every chapter, waiting for the interesting part of the narrative to re-enter the story.

Dex-chan lover
I donno why I took so long to read this. I guess I thought it wasn't nearly as cute as it is

@locollsteg @Eingetsu very safe can confirm. I am 99% sure the scenario you are afraid of will not happen with that outcome.
But I bet she will be touched by the duke in the end arc. Probably something where she is dying and the duke has no choice but to touch her to safe her life, even if there is a likely chance she will die... only to reveal that the curse is cured or some shit like that... then fade to black to fast forward happy end showing both as lovers... extra points if she is pregnant or they have a child
Either way it is a must read considering the "Reminiscence" arc... if you wanna get a good feel for the manga at its best read at least those 3 chapters

EDIT: we really need an anime adaptation of this... would much prefer if they change the order and start with the "Reminiscence" arc, would make 10x better

@YellowChica well i asked about it cuz i did read those 3 ch, and it gave me that kind of bibe and also that "drama" tag so... i am wary of everything that has "drama" tag... had some shitty experiences reading manga for it to end with one mc dead or ntr, so every time i see a drama tag i ask and search on google for spoilers or something

Dex-chan lover
>shounen
>no handholding between the mc

damn right.

if there is, the tag should be hentai by then

The chapters are getting tiresome now. I want the plot to progress already. Even if the progress is little (not too little) but consistent.

Wow i think they're really trying hard to stretch the number of chapters as much as they can... Like it's been more then 50 chapters but the plot didn't progress that much at all.. I don't know why they have to fclucking make it upto 200 chapters! And because of all this unnecessary stuff it feels soo boring reading this.

@Yellowchica
Well you don't have to tell the obvious thing... Anybody will do this when he dislikes something. But still thanks for the unnecessary advice?

Dex-chan lover
It is kinda like the tv show Pushing Daisies. Though the touch of MC would only kill those who he brought back to life. And the girl wasn't a raging pervert!

Users who are viewing this thread