The Embodiment of Sins - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - The Embodiment of Sins (71-100)

Dex-chan lover
Great chapter, I'll be waiting very eagerly for the continuation. Really curious as to what awaits Ish ahead, and what will be his choices, as well more info on the world as a whole and how the battle on the lair of the goblins will turn out.

Also, I'm very curious about the choice of the author regarding the index finger above the guard of the hilt of the swords, something both Ish and the Yuri opted to do, is it purely aesthetic? Because in fights with another armed opponent with a blade, if you leave your finger there, in clashes where the blade slides or slips and goes towards the hilt, the finger does get hit and may be cut off if left there. I can see one choosing to do it for a momentary stab, though I don't know if it stabilizes the wrist better then just choosing to hold the sword with the hilt.

Anyway, great chapter again, as this doesn't lessen in any way my appreciation, the art and action scenes are awesome, and the story is compelling, so please keep up the great work!

Dex-chan lover
I wish my payment options weren't blocked so I could invest in your work Q.Q

But such is stupid life. Thank you for the new chapter!

Great chapter, I'll be waiting very eagerly for the continuation. Really curious as to what awaits Ish ahead, and what will be his choices, as well more info on the world as a whole and how the battle on the lair of the goblins will turn out.

Also, I'm very curious about the choice of the author regarding the index finger above the guard of the hilt of the swords, something both Ish and the Yuri opted to do, is it purely aesthetic? Because in fights with another armed opponent with a blade, if you leave your finger there, in clashes where the blade slides or slips and goes towards the hilt, the finger does get hit and may be cut off if left there. I can see one choosing to do it for a momentary stab, though I don't know if it stabilizes the wrist better then just choosing to hold the sword with the hilt.

Anyway, great chapter again, as this doesn't lessen in any way my appreciation, the art and action scenes are awesome, and the story is compelling, so please keep up the great work!
Hello! I did HEMA for a bit and from my experience it does give you a better control over a long- and arming sword for example. Quite good for a stab as you said but as you pointed it out, if you bind your opponents sword and his sword goes all the way to the cross guard you will lose your finger.

Dex-chan lover
What a chapter opener! That page was surprising.

Ish is so desperate at this point to win something. But it's not happening. He's powerful, but the goblins don't give a crap about that. They just think he looks like a weekling, therefore he must die.

The Crimson Knights took care of those goblins pretty fast. It's time for these goblins to be exterminated.

I wonder who's inside that cabin? How will Ish pretend to be an elf?

Dex-chan lover
What a chapter opener! That page was surprising.

Ish is so desperate at this point to win something. But it's not happening. He's powerful, but the goblins don't give a crap about that. They just think he looks like a weekling, therefore he must die.

The Crimson Knights took care of those goblins pretty fast. It's time for these goblins to be exterminated.

I wonder who's inside that cabin? How will Ish pretend to be an elf?
I have a feeling that he wouldn't even try to pretend considering his ego, and people might just think he's crazy or traumatized or something.

Dex-chan lover
How is the main character so intelligent compared to other goblins? He feels more like a kindergarten teacher.

Dex-chan lover
How is the main character so intelligent compared to other goblins? He feels more like a kindergarten teacher.
Like Extreme-Tactician said in the post above this one, it's probably related to age and experience. In this story, apparently the goblins age can be speculated by their size, the older they are, the bigger (info on page 18 ch. 4). Ish before being transformed was quite the giant, so it's easy to guess he was around either the latter half of the Bah-rin, or early Rah-Jha (I believe the former to be more likely).

Also, re-reading now, the cover of this chapter is indeed very fascinating, and a bit terrifying, I wonder if the ring was actually intended to be used on Ish, or in another advanced goblin, and why... To make him/them vulnerable and easier to kill, or an unlikely ally, research subject? I also wonder if their journey will be one of freeing themselves of their cardinal sin of Pride.

Edit: After rereading this chapter, I'm actually no so sure anymore if Ish was just a Bah-rin, considering what he said about him facing and surviving (or even defeating?) the Scarlets. The moment a date appears on the story we'll be able to make a better guess.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Ish just immediately moving on and being ok with starting anew is pretty cool ngl. We shall see how human emotions change this desire however.

Dex-chan lover
That cover taken on its own is one of the best pieces of art I've seen on this website for a bit. Just love that she's emerging from inside a goblin's mouth that does stuff to her own mouth. Good horror shit.

Users who are viewing this thread