The Emperor Reverses Time - Ch. 2

the empress could’ve asked the sorceress to poison her but that’s far fetched so i doubt it

Dex-chan lover
Lol after reading her diary he was like wow I'm garbageI, hope this is all from his point of view only though

I’d love to see more of the empress’ relationship with the witch.
Why was she so obssessed with being the perfect empress? Don’t tell me he said something like that.

its kind of refreshing to see a male's perspective of returning back to time 😆

i wonder what is the empress and the witch's relationship tho.

This is a breath of fresh air from all the revenge plot most reincarnation/time travel/isekai stories have. We also need redemption types!

i hope the price is, he watches her become happy, loved, and loves.... someone else😊 At least he'll be happy knowing shes happy.. even if its not with him..
but.... thats probably not going to happen 😧

heh.. how convenient is that? you regret something, just turn back time and fix it..😒 geez

thanks for updating😘

@shionlee

it's more than the diary. post her funeral it was the little things that she did for him and more, that made his life comfortable that started to make cracks in his lifestyle that made him notice little by little just how much she did for his sake. the diary was the final nail in the coffin. her last words to him were asking if she had been the perfect empress. the people kept talking about how perfect she was and reading the diary drove home that fact just how poorly he treated her and even drove to such depths of playing the role of perfect wife without truly living.

@Rhodolite
oh man...
That was really heart wrenching 😭😭
Plus, i'm beginning to like this story since it was told from the male prespective and the man wanted to redeem himself from being a shitty husband and lover to the former empress

i dont get it??????? he was someone who didnt even blink when a person was poisoned and died in front of him, and was able to shamelessly fake mourning afterwards....after reading 1 diary he does something so extreme?????? its like the love his parents raised him with finally comeback? lol

i still think he did this because he realise how convenient she was lol its just not believable to me aaaaa

thanks for the chapter tho!!!

So I guess he just must’ve been too spoiled/self involved to notice her hardship.
He doesn’t seem to be that terrible of a person (The bar is set LOW in this genre) if he can reach the conclusion of “I’m trash” and “As long as SHE’S happy” though I can’t help to have lingering “yuck” feels from the fake crying.

I’m not convinced with this 180 degree change.

@OtomeAddict and @marmarsmile let’s pretend he spent an entire year reading it and also comprehending the dairy. He also realized that she literally didn’t have a life and maybe that awakened his basic humanity in him? Tho I do agree that a single book making him suddenly realizing his mistakes is kind dumb. Could’ve added in some more details like saving his life or something.

I think he just never looked at her as a person, he said himself that she was like an oversized doll so maybe he really saw her that way. I’m not saying that makes his actions ok but it would make his massive 180 a little more believable. He read her diary and realized that she was a human being, and one who struggled a lot, especially for his sake. Maybe there were a lot of other things she did for him that werent mentioned, but imagine finding out someone devoted their entire life to being worthy to stand by your side, and the whole time you couldnt even look at them as a person. The guilt would be massive.

Users who are viewing this thread