The Emperor's Court Lady Is Wanted as a Bride - Vol. 3 Ch. 13

Fed-Kun's army
It's funny how i didn't think that the attack in the middle even meant anything.. lol

Dex-chan lover
@GrayBypasser It isnt that easy, someone who is in such a situation for that long is stuck in their worriesnow and wont think about it too much. Besides the fact that she cant probe around it without a big risk of exposing it. If you also look at how sacred it is, it doesnt matter if she just did her duty. It can very fast still taking as something inexcusable. Even the king itself can have problems protecting her, without making the empire crumble in the worst case. Maybe if she completely saves the Empire does she have the chance to get a weaker punishment like getting exciled instead of executed.

@Dragou The real problem is we don't know if it is considered a crime or sacrilege( i think it was the very first precedent of someone stepping into the light ), it is such a big plot detail, but author didn't clearly state the reasons for her fear. And besides, she lived her new life for many years now, enough to think everything through, and probing may in turn be quite safe, as they won't outright think she is a reincarnation( again, i belive it is the first case of it happening).

Dex-chan lover
@dementedcockroachondrugs :
Girl in an empire of magical people who have extra long life span got herself vaporized by the fountain of power at its center, saw some spooky stuffs when she fell in.
Reincarnated in another country, and now people from that empire came for political visit and she get entangled with the situation partly because turns out she has magic power.
And despite all the hints pointing these bishies to be the 'children' she took care of before getting onajisekai'd , she is still oblivious to that.

Dex-chan lover
@GrayBypasser she shouldnt know about it in the first place. Either she would be persecuted for knowing or need to explain the reincarnation thing.
And the thing with sacred things is, that even if that happened the first time, the chances are much much higher that it will be seen as a crime, because it isnt like our time, where you wont be punished if no law says you can be punished for it.

Like it is shown until now is, that the whole empire has some sort of religion about it what causes the problems in these outskirts with these other fanatics. Even if she thinked it through (which she didnt need to until the emperor appeared), it wouldnt have led her to answers. ANY sort of investigation would have brought her nothing but problems (or at least could have with a very high chance).

There are no points where she should act differently with her current level of knowledge.

@Dragou Was there a part, where it said about magic pillar being unknown to the rest of the world ? Even if it is truth, she could have asked a simple chain of questions, which perhaps would be answered( they pretty much trust her and even consider making her part of royal family ): ,,What is the source of magic?", then if not answered she can stop, if answered continue with ,, What will happen if you touch it?" Those are pretty simple questions without implying anything besides simple curiosity. Asking that would perhaps give her some valuable info.
There are just too many unknow factors, so we can't have any definite answers, but i still think she should definitely not act so restrained.
By the way, that weird cult has problems with the very existence of magic, they consider it evil, that's what causes problem, not empire's worship of it, but rather empire's usage of it.

Fed-Kun's army
By reading comments, I no longer feel alone... For forgot ehat the stories about.

Dex-chan lover
@GrayBypasser

I agree. There's no real fault on her. But the problem I saw is that, if the pillar status is serious enough, the monarch might be forced to punish her, even just for the form, just like statutory crimes.

It might be law, traditional, but most likely other nobles, especially those who wish to marry their daughters to royalty, that force them. We don't know, so do she.

Until the harassment and her romance start, she never have any reason to risk it. But right now, we'll see.

Dex-chan lover
@GrayBypasser you clearly underestimate such an environment. Magic isnt questionedin its form or source. People from the Empire having it is common sense. Her questioning it would most likely not given her any answers besides the fact that she has other problems to take care of too right now. Especially because she likes them (Sidis even more), she would refrain from everything. She originally (when she didnt liked all of them that much) didnt even want to be entangled with them at all.

Staying quiet about it and hiding it, isnt in any case wrong or strange. She even decides things in the past which are now conflicting with her own feelings. She absolutely will tell them someday, but right now when she is truly starting to question her "plans/decisions" she made when she was reborn is not the time to ask such questions. Especially with this asassins, the thing with the Emperor and all of that harassment already on her plate.
Regarding the cult: The Empire acts towards magic like something akin to a religion and uses that accordingly. That is pissing of this hypocrit cult, because evil. Which doesnt change the fact that magic in general a great and special position has, even more so in the case of the light.

With all going on right now, every person who priorizes things of the past which are not a problem yet and takes the risk of making it one is not bold or anything, but just plain reckless. Especially when your own feelings are in turmoil.

Sidis, I also want the plot to move forward...maybe you should kidnap her or something.

Fed-Kun's army
what's with the last chapter? it feel....kinda out of place like that panel doesn't belong there .-.

Users who are viewing this thread