The Executed Sage Who Was Reincarnated as a Lich Started an All-Out War - Vol. 2 Ch. 7.1 - 「Do You Have The Resolve?」

Dex-chan lover
So if they can accommodate slaves doesn't that mean they can live peacefully together. Normally demons eat humans or there's some reason they can't cohabitate together but that guy seems healthy for a slave

@Miranox what the hell do you mean this is better than overlord? This series is going for the safe path like most genetic isekai series out there.

Double-page supporter
Ooh a possibly nuanced take on slavery!
Hahaha.

My country's history has an interesting record with that, I'm from the Philippines BTW. War slaves, debt slave, criminal slaves, hereditary slaves and there was a tiered system for all of them where the worst kinds were practically "pricey furniture" and the best treated were like "family heirlooms" in how they were valued. But the dumbest thing you could do was abuse and waste an indentured servant with constant beatings and malnurishment.

Oof went on a tangent there a bit. Anyway, just giving a different take on the human property issue done in another place, in another time and in another culture.

Owning people is not okay, m'kay.
"The past was the worst" - Simon Whistler"

Dex-chan lover
Can't say I'm ever a fan of slave depictions but if they're not 'slaves for the sake of the protagonist' there's infinitely more room for nuance about the topic, at least. Always bad, but on the other hand, it's a higher level of cohabitation with non-humans than most series will offer, so I'm curious how that'll go.

Also don't go disrespecting Grom's style like that.

@4V29LN0n a slave is fairly common for that time period especially when captured after a battle etc. free labour is free labour

so in this world, do succubuses take human slaves as nourishment? its not that bad of a deal in that time period

Hdhiskshsjsi look at the little puppy picking up rocks!!!! Carrying a full jug of water!!! They're doing their best i love them ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Fed-Kun's army
It's not a Japanese exclusive thing - There's slavery in western media/games as well. For example - there's slaves in the Witcher, Skyrim, Warhammer, Final Fantasy, WoW, and a whole bunch of mainstream stuff like Supernatural. Just so happens you read a lot of Manga in a genre where the biggest mangas had slavery as a trope. If you stop reading mangas that are fantasy and based in the medieval era you will encounter slavery a lot less.

But aren't humans weak? If ya need slaves, won't the goblin race which is commonly known to able to mass produce, better?

overlord decree: the appointed mayor of this former kingdom capitol is a human.
demons: this is hell. 😉

It's a monster kingdom all over again, I thought we will have bunch of undead building necropolis but we got tempest.

Users who are viewing this thread