The Exploding Girl - Vol. 2 Ch. 45

Dex-chan lover
Yes, please! I want more translated chapters. Exploding girl is one of the few good chinese manhuas.

Group Leader
@pyoro sorry... everybody in my group is brand new to scanlating (including me) feel free to give us some pointers. Thank you~

Dex-chan lover
^yeah i thought its dead, all praise the translators

Dex-chan lover
@wakameep Paste the script into a proofreading program / website of your choice before using it? I'm no scanlator so I wouldn't know how others do it, I just notice that words like "taket" (supposed to be take) could be caught.

But I gotta say half the speech bubbles make little sense to me. "Do you know how good you are?" to the kid after she beat him up - um, wat? The "Nothing" in reference to his parents - I suppose he's saying he has no parents, but that's not done by saying "Nothing"? What's "do I need to have a father or mother come steal you" supposed to mean ... his threat about biting should probably be "I WILL bite you" instead of saying he already did it (that'd be just one more reason to hand him to the police).
And so on and so on.

I get the gist; orphaned boy steals wallet because bad guy uses kids to steal things, yaddayadda, but a lot of the text bubbles are poorly translated or written I'm sorry to say ^^;

Group Leader
@Pyoro Thanks for the input! So you think that I should try to branch off from the DIRECT translation and make it a bit more easy to understand for English readers? For the most part I've just stuck with what the Chinese says without changing anything.

Dex-chan lover
@wakameep Well, whatever produces comprehensible text that is proper English. I'm not saying 'make stuff up', but translating isn't just a literal word-for-word job, obviously. Can't just dictionary replace Chinese words with English words and call it a day ^^;

Dex-chan lover
I'm so glad that some one finally explained to me what "looking for farts" and "do you have hard wings?" mean.

Users who are viewing this thread