The Fable - The Second Contact - Vol. 9 Ch. 86 - Experience Man...

Dex-chan lover
Surprisingly dark ending chapters - it seems like a lot of the authors own disappointment with the world is really coming out in force... Kind of dissonant to write a world where human potential is off the charts, while still seemingly convinced that everything is going to shit

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation! Part 2 wasn't as good as part 1, but still enjoyable.
Looking forward to the final arc. If I had to guess, the next and final villain will be the boss himself. That way they can truly be free.

VIP
what a blast from start to finish. the plot is awesome and the twist at the end, really didn't see it coming. some part has pacing hiccup and has slow start, but otherwise, it was such amazing an action thrill experience. the ending also kina vague so give me hope for part 3. 9/10. will wait for the next works~!

Dex-chan lover
Decent sequel. Although, after having just reread the prequel, the drop in quality is evident. Let‘s see what the 3rd and final part brings!
This time with hopefully less cringy comments by the author at the beginning of the volumes. I really don‘t need to read this edgy redditor takes on politics and society.
The Fable is a story about an ex-assassin. Keep it at that.

Dex-chan lover
What a sweet ride.

I hope the final part is more slice-of-life oriented, but I have a feeling there wouldn't be a final part if that was the case.

Dex-chan lover
What a great ending. I changed my rating from a 10 to a 10.

Dex-chan lover
A good read yet again. Fable has carved its name in my book. Thanks for the TL, its really worth all the wait. ♥️

worse of part 1 but still pretty good , im really hope for a part 3 . maybe going international

Double-page supporter
The Second Contract was so-so. Nowhere near the original, but it was enjoyable nevertheless. I just wish more works from this author, the industry is kind of missing this type of seinen manga.

Dex-chan lover
This definitely feels like an interlude of a series, and it definitely feels like the what-has-to-be-almost-guaranteed part 3 will be what was originally supposed to be part 2.

There were pretty obviously some parts that the author didn't capitalize on for one reason or another, and that is a shame, but yes, it was still very enjoyable. Even in the first series I thought he had some problems with pacing, maybe working through the pandemic just brought more of that out.

Dex-chan lover
It was a bitter sweet ending which imo is really fitting with the themes and growth of the characters. I'm not sure if there will be a third part, imo it doesn't really need it.

All the same though, I would enjoy another series. Lol

Aggregator gang
Felt like these last chapters were just the author venting his pessimism about society through the characters. Felt a little out of a place.

Users who are viewing this thread