The Fake Alchemist - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
Oh my lord this is such a great first chapter and I have a feeling a banger of an isekai story.

First, the main character is a saint man. You could argue he is naive to the point of being stupid but he knows his limitations and trusts in the good of people above the bad. He is a "fake alchemist"? I don't think so. He is very methodical and secure of what he is doing, like alchemists in the past had to be. His cheat skills surely are OP if he has confidence in restore the elf girl's body despite all that almost unbelievable damage.

Second, Nora the slave is a survivor. She's possibly one of the most interesting female characters I've read in a while. We don't know what her background story is but we can suppose she had to learn how to get that precious freedom after real hell under that slave trader. She's always (so far) showing a fake smile and positively curious attitude, although some of that curiosity may be real (she's very interested in learning knowledge to escape that hellish world of slavery) most of it is just a mask to shield her heart is what I'm getting from this first chapter. Definitely she's using her "weapons" to test the waters with this new master. I expect great things from their interactions.

Third, the elf girl. There is nothing much to say except what was already told. The first thing that came to mind is "her current situation and backstory is almost completely similar (the little we know from his deduction) to the elf from The Apothecary Will Make This Battered Elf Happy" but as somebody pointed out up there in the comments, that story came out almost two years before this one. However it's equally as sad (we don't know what she went through to end up like this but it hurt my heart to see a girl in that state). We'll see how this goes from here on with her.

Last but not least, the world building is so well done (little about it but so satisfying). I want to learn more about this society, rules of the world, rules of magic and alchemy and a bit more of the main character's story (motivations, past, what and how he was taken to this world, was it truck-kun or a summoning ritual? Etc etc)... and the art, so well done and it looks pretty despite being a raw world.

Thanks for the good work with the translation, it's so well done!

Dex-chan lover
The MC seems not too bright regarding anything outside his area of expertise. Dude's already in a findom situation and it's not even one chapter in.
Not only is he not bright, he's downright retarded.
His skill lets him get any recipe. If he can't hunt down stuff for high alchemy, he could just make curry or other foodstuff to sell. He even mentioned about the curry, yet he sticks to selling low rank potions no one wants.

This is similar to theyr other work but with a lot nastier universe, I fckn hate rape but luckily at the moment I am emotionless and read this with ease.

Users who are viewing this thread