The Fantasie of a Stepmother - Vol. 1 Ch. 54 - Guardian (13)

There seems to be quite a few redawing mistakes in the later half such as forgetting to get rid of the Korean text or not even including English text in some areas

Dex-chan lover
Dawg i appreciate the translations but this shit is unfinished

The page of Jeremy pledging to Shuli is one of the best scenes in the story! I appreciate the translations however, some bubbles near the end were untranslated and some korean were overlapped with the English.

Dex-chan lover
I appreciate the effort y’all put into this. It’s not an easy or quick process. That being said, maybe in the future raise your concerns with the group that’s already translating? They re-uploaded ch 53 because the translation was confusing so I’m pretty sure they’re aware of where they’re lacking and would be willing to hear other people’s advice. This chapter also had a bunch of bubbles mis-typeset or left completely untranslated. Either way, I really do appreciate the effort y’all put in for others. I just think there’s easier and quicker ways to fix issues/confusion without just re-scanlating everything yourself

Ooh, didn't expect this to reference real dynasties and countries. The names seemed more Turkic than Persian though, and the Safavid only had 9 monarchs according to Wikipedia.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the translations! I do prefer your wording. You choose wording and grammar that fit European nobility and royalty. I hope drama starts because you’ve uploaded your versions. I hate that there’s so much friction involved in this this stuff now.

The translation makes more sense but there’s a few dialogues have not been translated. Thank you for the translating 🤗

Group Leader
Quite honestly, sniping rules are stupid. None of us own copyright. That's my stance I've kept before and after I started scanning myself. It's a courtesy to avoid mangas that are already being worked on, if for nothing but not wasting each other's work, it shouldn't be a hard rule. If their quality is too low, clinging onto project ownership would instead become harmful to the readers and community.

I don't know how Haevn works so I can't say much about them, but imo I believe you two made the right call. Joining a group and asking to take over a project that's already assigned can cause friction, and I tend to find that there's a lack of trust towards new members, skill level aside. Rather than getting tied down by group hierarchies and policies, going solo can be a better choice at times.

Your version was much much easier to read. The wording made sense and it's much more immersive. Like tempsventeux said, your wording choice felt much more period appropriate. These latest few chaps were especially emotional ones imo, and your translation helped convey that greatly.

Users who are viewing this thread