The Fantasie of a Stepmother - Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - Restarting Makes No Sense (6)

Dex-chan lover
I'm with @keks503 on this. Yeah, that last few panels and the reaction of the MC painted her in a dubious light, but actually I'm with her right now. The daughter was throwing a fit of rage while MC is just recovering. If it isn't because the aunty is secretly a terrible person, I like how she stepped in and became the bad one instead of MC always has to take up that role.

@bobsburgers: First of all: You are doing great. Next: It's a pity, if the other group is honestly trying to upload this manga and are holding back for a good reason. A release strategy or something, that would ensure a continual influx of chapters. This might be the case, as their releases are only 1 month old, but this is just assuming things on this matter in the most benevolent way. If they are just behind schedule, because they lack time to translate it or have internal problems, they should be glad someone keeps this manga running. I know for sure, that I often dropped mangas that I started to read and then the scanlators forget about them for 3+ months. I wouldn't pick those up again, as I wouldn't read all those chapters from before a second time. If you upload your releases in the meantime, they have an active followship for this manga.
So by any means: Please continue. Their is no real reason for you to stop. Your work is great so far. And you don't cause a drama. If there will be drama unfolding, I'm sure it isn't you, who is causing it.

Considering you're only one person, your scans are very good! I can't speak for the translation (I don't know any Korean 😅), but the overall quality of your scans are really nice! If the drama is too much for you or it makes you not want to scanlate anymore, I understand. But in general, I often read all the versions, just to see how each translation is done differently. Though, if you or SLC wants to drop this series because you'd rather focus on a series that isn't being translated, that's cool too. However, I don't believe in the concept of "stealing" another scanlator's series unless you're actually using their cleaned up scans, translations, or raws.

Honestly I dont care, you're getting it out faster and I dont notice a difference in quality so 🤷‍♂️
Thank you for the updates

Thanks for taking your time in this! Aunty is scary rip.

My opinion on the "drama" is that it's just a thing in the scanlation community, it's unspoken but there is a given time before you can take over a project, I think since you're venturing off into this world it be nice to understand these things. Obviously my personal opinion is that I don't care much about "sniping" but I do care about what I read, and with the people who care about it will care. People who are loyal to their scanlators and know that they haven't dropped it will probably wait, and people who mainly care about just reading the story won't care where or who's done it as long as they get it fast. Either way the reader will chose which one they like best in whatever terms they have. I do this all the time with scans who do the same title.

I just hope this is approached in a civil manner from both sides. It would be nice if you joined since they could provide you on some stuff you may need, better cleaners, typesetters etc, and in turn you provide your services which would give the maximum speed and quality. If you don't want to join then that's fine. They have loyal readers and will still read from them. They shouldn't push you if you say no. And I really don't like that you'd be pushed to make your own private discord just to share, you should be free to share it.

A bit of context, if there's an argument that it's been a month since their last update, Korean publishers, mainly carrot toon and d&c, have been tracking down servers and scanlators in general who were illegally translating their works. Lots of servers turned private and some titles under those publishers have been put to pause until stuff died down.

Edit: bc people are choosing sides and I kinda feel the way you posted it in your notes makes seems too much like promotion/ brigade for hating on the other scan group, which I'm pretty sure the majority of the people have read from smh, you can read from whoever but hating ain't it. From a personal reader stand point, I'm going to read from SLC I like typesetting, I like SFXs, I'm okay with updates not being fast. You've earned some readers that's great and I wish you the best on your endeavors into scanlation.

Two chapters in one day? Thank you so so much 💕💕
You didn't stole anything, and I really apreciate fast realises, só I appreciate so much your very very good work. But for avoid the drama, why didn't you think about join the scan? Whenever you decided I will support your decison, thank you so much (sorry my bad english)

Aggregator gang
Thank you so much for the good quality translation once again!

I just liking this manwha more and more

Translator, you’re the hero we need, but not we deserve. Thanks for the hard work!

Aside from this, I don’t.... really see any reason not to continue? I mean, it’s clearly shown that you’re working on this out of passion, rather than ill/malicious intent or whatsoever anyway so keep it up! I’ll be rooting for you! <3

You can do whatever you want.You didn't steal or anything.So please continue!

Aggregator gang
oh shit i dont even know anything anymore LOL

Also the other group is being dramatic. You're not stealing, they don't own "translation rights", and you're not doing anything wrong. Just do you.

Dont lisen to them, how can they ask for you to stop when they havent released anything in a month, clearly they arent giving it priority so why not give it to you instead ? and they want you to join them ? Fuck that,why should you do their work and give them your credit ?, honestly dont worry about it, people like that are everywhere, regardless of what you like to do, there will always be unreasonable people close by, i understand the hole, "you shouldnt steal another groups project"because i also am moraly on this side, but when the other party has over 10 projects, why the fuck would they care ? because now they've realised that it was a good project and want it back ? fuck them.

@bobsburgers Honestly, I really appreciate the work you've put in translating this series. They've fallen pretty behind with the releases and in the end, they don't own this work so you are not obligated to drop this. Thank you so much for your hard work!!

Personally I've never fully understood the unwritten policy that only one group can have the "right" to translate a series. After all everyone is doing it under a volunteer basis and certainly there is no legal right otherwise it'd be an official translation. I do get maybe some might get offended on the idea that if someone else starts translating they're perhaps implying that the first/existing translation is incompetent in some way, but I don't think this is typically the case. Most of time where I see groups overlap is just where both have an interest in the series and happen to start translating it around the same time or Group A is busy with life or other series and hasn't updated as frequently and Group B happens to have some more time and decides to add some chapters.

So long as no once is stealing each other's work or deriding the other group I don't really see an issue that would require "fighting" over a series. The one thing I can think of that started this monopoly on series is for attention and support purposes. If your group is translating a popular series naturally that would lead to more support and attention for your translation group. However if more that one group is doing the translation then that can diminish. Still isn't the main point to get the series shared? Of course I don't mean to offend any scanlation groups out there, I am just legitimately curious as to the reason some groups insist on being the sole translator for a series as this seems to be an issue that comes up quite often.

i think you're doing god's work for TL-ing this, and i am eternally grateful to you since this series actually brighten my day a bit. So keep up the hard work and i'll always support you and patiently waiting for new chapters!!!

Aggregator gang
Is there a formal rule where only translator that have group are the one who can upload in here? I onced read it somewhere that if you want to do a project you need to tell other translator group so they won't have the same tittle, to avoid uhmm fighting for tittle? But i've seen some tittle who is picked up by two translator and it's fine.

If you're asking whether what you're doing is wrong, i say it's wrong. As well as the fan translator that have group. Why? Because you're both translating something that we should originally purchased but the reader are not able to purchased it or read Korean.

Either way, i consider myself as yoir partner in crime since well i enjoy this series! And i appreciate the work hard and effort that you, no group, made for translating and editing and typing it. The efforts are the same in my eyes, and i think whoever group that contacted you and tell you to stop, well they need to faced it, they have too many project (?) and can consider your translanting as an act of helping both them and the readers

Fed-Kun's army
two chapters in one day, thank you so much!! they look great too. personally, i'm thankful to whoever translates, plus if there's more than one translation i will read both. whatever you decide, i support you! i hope things can get resolved peacefully.

now about the chapter... i hope the aunt is sincere bc mc could really use the help with these brats lmao. they do seem to care tho even if they're brats, bc they were worried she'd die. i guess we'll see if the aunt is serious about helping!!! (pls be, give MC a break;;)

Aggregator gang
And i have my suspicions to that auuuunttt, yo it's not a good thing to shout that hard to kid, it would make them sacred to do anything, milady, open your eyes pleaseee and chased out that obsessive aunt

Aggregator gang
Why should you stop? Just so the other group can upload it monthly? Keep going, you're doing a amazing job so far

Users who are viewing this thread