The Fantasie of a Stepmother - Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - Restarting Makes No Sense (6)

If you were to translate from the start / have waited a bit longer before picking it up that'd probably be better but hey 🤷‍♂️ I like series to be translated.

Double-page supporter
The quality is good and the other group hasn't uploaded for a month. I mean, technically, you'd be free to scan even if a group was high quality, active, and fast, but in this case, I wouldn't even consider it rude to continue scanlating.

who are they to tell you to either drop the series or join them. tell them to take there heads out of their asses. keep doing what you enjoy to do and i'll keep enjoying the manga you are translating for us

Dex-chan lover
Oh, shiiieeet

@Asbolus Well, yes, discipline is needed, but the way the panels were set up made the whole scene feel a lot more ominous than it actually was. 😕

@bobsburgers
@ariebee

well, from my point of view, you actually don't have to join them if you don't want to, it's really nice of them to offer you to join their team but look at you, you are only ONE person translating with other two helping you, but the other team (who offered you to join them) are taking way too long to get a ONE chapter out, the last chapter they got out was a 1 month ago, while they are a whole team. I know they have their lives, I know they don't always have time, but because you don't have much time, why still hold on to this manga and make dramas? secret land castle, I know you guys have a lot of projects to translate, I even read a lot of them like "Princess Bibliophile", "master of the divine beasts", "The evil lady will change", "The Immortal Girl And Her Contract With The Hundred Demons", "The Result of Being Reincarnated is Having a Master-Servant Relationship with the Yandere Love Interest" and "Lady Rose Wants To Be A Commoner".
and because of that, I know that your translations are really good and beautiful.
secret land castle, for this manga I think it's better for you to drop it and just let this person translate it already, this manga isn't yours anyway, I mean you have a lot other than this one to work on, and your efforts on translating the first three chapter won't go to waste because anyone who is new to this manga will obviously read the first chapter and then the second and so on..., plus, if you drop it you will have more time to your other projects, but if you don't want to then that's also ok, it's your choice, after all, do what you want, it's not my choice anyway.

also, to this nice and fast person translating, if you want to join them it's your choice if you don't want to it's also your choice, your translation is so amazing and good quality, if secret land castle don't want to drop this manga, then that's ok, they have their loyal readers who will wait for them, but as for me, I am excited about the next chapter.

and aside from all this drama, I want to let you read my opinion on this chapter, I am really starting to like Jeremy, and I think he is actually a kind character, he is also starting to like his mom and he is starting to be nice to her and that's really heart-warming, I am just waiting for the twins to be more nice to her, and as for the red-haired child, I think he will be the hardest, especially of his attitude towards everyone and his like to picking up fights all the time. as for their aunt, I really didn't like her at the beginning, I thought she is really arrogant and annoying, but it appeared the complete opposite, I am really happy that she loves her brother's children and she is even nice to the heroine, she even calls her "their mom", and also as for their uncles, I thought they are jerks and annoying people, but as I said, it turned to be the complete opposite which I am really happy about.
anyways as I said I am excited for the next chapter and thank you for the fast release.

it has been a while since I wrote a long comment like this, lol.
also, the other team don't have the right to tell you either to drop it or join them, I feel like this is just giving them benefits, even if they happen to be nice people. and this manga is not owned by anyone other than the artist and the author, it's not theirs.
but in the end, it's your own choice what to do, and it's their own choice if they will stop translating or continue, I don't have the right to tell you guys (secret land castle and this lovely person who translate amazingly fast ) what to do, don't make my opinion affect your choices :D I don't have anything to do about what you guys will do :D

oh, and I hope you are not offended because I call you "this person who translates really fast", lol.

Group Leader
@bobsburgers 'claiming a series' is a moral code in scanlations, if a group releases slowly and another group picks up said project there is nothing the original group can do to stop the second group besides asking them to stop. If you can output releases faster and with the same or better quality the community won't have any issues.

Honestly, this is one that I do look forward to reading, so please don't stop (At the same time don't wear yourself out though!)

I think that if the other group can't (or won't - who knows) release at this pace, then there is not much point for them in trying.
You can learn "Hello" in all languages of the world, or learn one language through and through.
Which do you think is best in the end?

Please continue with your translation! You're doing a really good and are waaay faster than the other group.

No please dont stop. This is really interesting manhwa and the art is really beautiful too

Dex-chan lover
What's with massive groups filled with people who don't do much claiming a ton of series and then get angry when someone snipes while they struggle on series that they're likely going to drop anyway

it's your choice to join them or not. I think join is the "most ethic way" because of this "scanlation unspoken rule" of not take projects that are already running... But you should make a deal with them and say that you are going only translate this manhwa for them and want to continue make fast releases like now. If it's not possible, because even with a whole team, they have a lot of others works to do, them you can continue as you are now.

Fed-Kun's army
No honor among thieves. The only people who have a right to call foul have legally licensed the series. If they have an issue with the quality of your work, they can do it themselves at an acceptable pace. Until then, I'm happy with what you've provided.

joining is better I guess, be a part of their group and help divide one project out of their focus to speed up other works too. Maybe they don't have as much translators or something so it might help a lot and since its purpose is to spread the work to many its good. Since its nonprofit you can just do whatever you want, if you got tired of doing it you can also tell the group members and then they'll perhaps continue it, you can also help other groups if others try to merge eachother so a community can help if they want to do a project they want to contribute in.

Most scanlations do it for free (aside from raws or special circumstances) so its their choice

Users who are viewing this thread