The Fantasie of a Stepmother

pretty interesting to see how things play out from the supposedly 'evil' step mother side - really like how the author subverted that trope

Thoughts & predictions: [spoilers]
Johannes was in love with the former empress but couldn't be with her so when he saw Shuli, who looks exactly like her, he married her.

The Prince will become obsessed with Shuli, if he isnt already and become more manipulative and destructive.

Nora and Jeremy will become BFF's.

Nora's mom will pass and his dad will at some point ask Shuli for marriage which will be super awkward since Nora might also be falling in love with her? I hope not though. With the exception of the Prince, the kids all see her as a mom regardless of age.

The church orchestrated the attack in her past life.

Dex-chan lover
@rnchlt Johannes indeed love Shuli but I think he isnt married her out of love, more like she is a safe guard so
Jeremy can inherit the title succesfully, because he sees that after his death their relatives will try to take all his fortunes, and there is a chance that they will use the kids to achieve that. Its the place where Shuli come in, to become a shield for the kids, sadly after her job is completed she isnt left with anything, Johannes not even left any 'will' for her.

That does make sense.

The story foreshadows that he knew he was sick and didn't have a long time left to live, that it wasn't just a one time illness that got him. He had to choose someone who would be young and strong enough to take care of the family until Jeremy comes of age. I wonder if Johannes had simply hoped that the kids would come to love her so she wouldn't have to worry about having nothing after Jeremy came of age and got married or if he just didn't have time to write that into his will. Either way, in her previous life, Shuli had a new life set up for herself and she wasn't worried about money so she must have had some of her own money or an agreement with the family, Idk.

This is probably the only web comic where I enjoy chapters even when there's no trouble or drama going on. Seeing the kids and Shuli grow together is so heartwarming.

Man i really dont want her to end up with anybody 😂😭 like i just want more of this family fluff 😂

I am not a fan of her ending up with any of the "kids", it is just too weird... too bad we already know who the ML is but urgh :/

I'm kinda confused. So is Nora the ML? I actually like him better than the prince. It's just that Shuli's so mature even though they're the same age so its kinda weird to ship (plus she's actually a step mom which makes it weirder). Nora's precious though ugghhh

Double-page supporter
Back in the day the nobility used to do a lot of weird shit so it shouldn’t be a surprise if they are trying to be realistic here it’d be perfectly normal if she ended up with one of the kids

Users who are viewing this thread