The Fantasie of a Stepmother

Double-page supporter
RAWS
SPOILERS !!!
Looks like it's going to be the worst christmas...?! [ch. 41]

I really want to like this but the potential that she ends up with her ex-husband kids are just too unacceptable to me. I knew noble do weird shit but this is just a face slapping her former husband in the face, fuck*ng his child like that.

If I were Johan, I'll never forgive her.

I dunno why everyone thinks that jeremy has a thing for his stepmom.
You guys have read so many troubling relationships that you can't even see that they constantly establish that she sees him as her son and jeremy sees her as his mother...
He never touches her inappropriately, never crosses the line of anything above mother/son relationships...like please. Please open your eyes.
If you think him blushing when he gets complimented every time or when he receives a present, you might as well put that same logic towards her other kids.

If I ever become a step-parent I hope I handle it with the same grace, love, generosity of spirit & time as Shuli 😄

Honestly the art is STUNNING, like takes your breathe away kind of beautiful. Also there's actually a variety of facial shapes and different face types- think about it?! It's sooo rare a manga/webtoon has such a variety of people/characters.

Also it has no incest! I don't think that's a spoiler cos anyone thinking that it's incest hasn't understood the core 'family' and 'familial development' that's central to the story's plot 🙄

At its core this is a story about a young woman totally overwhelmed with far too much responsibility and expectation dumped on her i.e.
[ul]* Becoming a real parent to lost kids[/ul]
[ul]* Managing an estate all of a sudden[/ul]
[ul]* Dealing with the legacy of a pretty powerful & influential dead husband[/ul]
[ul]* A strong and caring dead mother[/ul]
[ul]* Nobility/commoner drama[/ul]
[ul] * Greedy family members[/ul]
[ul]* AND finding what happiness actually means for Shuli- to run away or deal with all this shizz and be happy somehow?! [/ul]

So definitely read it! It may start slow, but the background story development is necessary and worth it (if only for the stunning art haha). AND if only for the absolute queen in development that is Shuli 😍

Does anybody know if there is novel for this story? Hopefully a translation? Or maybe if it goes by another name? I can't seem to find it anywhere

agree with everything @MerriLee3s said. this series has been really solid so far and to add more, it also deals with abusive/negligent family, and in a mature way. the main theme has bean about family and i love every bit of it

Shuli is absolutely amazing and I love pretty much everything she does. She was dealt a pretty shit hand in life, but she's clearly doing her best to keep everything afloat.

I hope this second go around everything will work out for the best for her and the kids!

A unique and refreshing story. This is about a young woman being dealt with bad cards in life and learning to cope and accept it. She had to learn how to be a mother and the head of a prominent family at a very young age. The familial bonds she established with her kids is truly heartwarming. It’s clear that this will not develop into incest, so the ones in the comments claiming so will have to reread it again to comprehend the themes of this Manhwa. The main theme is family and frankly, I have no idea how one could twist something so glaringly obvious into what they deluded themselves into thinking. Romance is barely present.

Users who are viewing this thread