The Fantasie of a Stepmother

Contributor
@Arth_RSachet @FrickinGay

The actual usage of the "historical" tag on this site definitely reflects neither a need for accuracy nor specificity, though? "Samurai-folk (or similar) in a generic old-Japan setting" gets the historical tag all the time, for instance. Why shouldn't this get the same treatment?

Or rather, the description of the historical tag is "The setting of a historical manga takes place at some point in Earth's past. The level of dedication to portraying the lifestyles, societies, and technologies of past periods and peoples accurately or believably can vary greatly between different works."—even though the tag descriptions on the site are from early in the site's history and do not necessarily reflect current usage for all tags, I see no reason this one should not be broadly correct. And this series seems to fit that bill?

(I was going to cite what happens if one searches for the historical tag, but honestly the results are abysmal XD There's some wuxia in there... I guess that might be "historical" in the sense that, say, something based on a King Arthur legend would be?! But anyway, I feel it's safe to say this is more firmly historically-founded than at least half of them. >_>; The fact that it doesn't wear it on its sleeve by giving any specific and real places and dates notwithstanding.)

Love this story and can not wait for more.

It's so obvious though that whoever choose the family name just did some google search, or had a love for the castle so took that name but never once bothered to research it. Cause the name literally stands for New Swan Castle and references an Opera, it is not meant to be a family name at all. Every time I see it I actually get pulled out a little bit of the historical fantasy setting because of the silliness of that choice, but eh I blame that on cultural differences and know we have done similar mishaps before. So as silly as it is, the story is far too good to ever let such a detail stop me from reading till the end.

As long as shuli didn't end with "Black Haired boy or that bas1erd of white hair " I will wait for every Chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread