The Fantasie of a Stepmother

@unloyal right in the begining of the chapter it says "In the past, a day right before jeremy's wedding", so this is an event from the first timeline, before shuli had a good relationship with them.
I also had to reread it because the part where they talk about the dance event (which also happened in the current timeline) got me confused. :')

I stopped reading this because of the prince dude. Who did she end up with if she even did get with someone?

It's from the first timeline where shuli was told she wasnt allowed to go to his wedding and she died right after... Why do people think it's finished?

Why use the word epilogue? The status is still ongoing.

Either way, I don't blame Jeremy's first timeline fiance, I understand her fear, even if her choice of instigating Shuli's departure was really douchy. In the end though, it was the beginning of everything so

Why does everyone think this is the end? Like, it is so clearly a glimpse of the PAST where Shuli was forbidden to go to his wedding, died and THEN came back to being 16 again. I don't understand why people think it is the end just because there is a word "epilogue" in the chapter's title. It's just a title, chill.

@Amaterasu07
She will end up with Nora (the black haired kid). I did not read the novel, just spoilers from other people who did read it.

is it just me who knows it’s a flashback based on the dark theme skssk, i’ve been rereading this almost every 2 weeks that I memorized how they show the two timelines (past/present) ANYWWAYS GUYS IT’S NOT YET COMPLETED. PLEASE READ THE BEGINNING CAREFULLY AND READ COMMENTS TOO :D

I actually think that if they ended on Chapter 57, it would have actually been a surprisingly beautiful and dark ending. To me, I read chapter 57 as one of a few possibilities- an inevitable moment in Shuli's fate, meaning a common point in both her past life and her present life. Taken as a moment in her past life, it's beautiful, because it shows that Jeremy wasn't actually as distant from her as she had originally thought, which makes the current life sweeter, and the inevitability of that moment in the future deeper. Taken as a fixed point in her future, it'd be the payoff of everything she had done in her reborn life. Even though if this is her future, and she's still destined to die, I think she would be satisfied even with that death with a life she had lived without regrets, the way she had wanted. Taken as an epilogue to the fairy tale, it seems fitting as a transition from Ch. 56, which was a very sweet moment for the family, showing their resolve being reunited, but also the dark inevitability of people around them being much more jaded. I.E. The you can't escape your fate theme, but with a life lived well, is there a need to escape that physical fate? The open ended-ness and vagueness of the end also kind of appeals to me after the ordeal they had encountered with the trial. But yeah, this is probably not an end, but a segue or a dream that they will transition to the next chapter with.

It might just be a flashback tbh. It's called 'the ending of a fairytale'. It's the same name as the first chapter. That's a really neat little thing they did.

For those puzzled by the use of "epilogue," web comics like these usually like to run in multiple parts kind of like a novel series (not a huge shock, I guess, since so many of them are based on novels?) So it's like the hard cut off end of the arc, but not the series entirely. My only question is: is this one taking a few months break before the next part starts like these web comics usually do? Or are we just going straight into part 2? Google ain't helpin'.

Also yes, the epilogue is clearly a flashback, and it seems the only real point of the chapter is to reveal that
Jeremy's suitor is the one behind her murder. Fun twist! I'm sure it's also foreshadowing that part 2 will be about winning the suitor over like how part 1 was about winning her immediate family over.

Users who are viewing this thread