The Fantasie of a Stepmother

hold up i was waiting on bucci gang for this long and i m seeing chaps named 'epilogue' and from the comments its saying something about the timeline in her first life
is this 'epilogue' just the epilogue of her first life or something or is this series coming to an end with this (in which case i may just stop waiting)

OH DEARRRRR. This is becoming heavy but I'm not complaining. Loving it even more. Its reassuring knowing that this was the past timeline. Anyway, great work L. Thank you so much!

@Figure26
I'm gonna go ahead and dub them 'Crooked Rat Assholes'. 😤🤬💔😭😭😭
But for real though, since this is their first appearance (well I certainly don't remember them ever being mentioned before) I'm guessing they are some kind of hybrid detective-police force that deals with these kind of occurrences/crimes in particular.

@nutshellkelp
These Epilogue chapters are a flashback and continuation of Shuli's first life before she went back in time. After these Epilogue chapters this season of the series ends.

Like, there's no frickin way that this is just gonna end when Shuli (in her second life) hasn't even figured out who is gunning for her life, and was able to make sure the kids are fine after Jeremy's wedding.😫😫 I expect a lengthy (hopefully not to long) hiatus after the Epilogue chapters finish up...😔😫

Whelp I was not expecting that 😨🤯😱😲🥺

So basically
Shuli is a catalyst for the church to extend its power through the dear and confusion rampant in the nobility? Due to the lack of clear leadership by the emperor following the death of his first wife?

Sooooo deep. I have to binge read chapters cos the cliffhangers are so hard to take lol.

Genius. Stunning art.

Great themes of nobility, family, motherhood, friendship, empire, church and state... Sooooo much 🤯😍

No no no I cried so hard!
did they frame the captain? When he went to stop shuli and when they were telling them that they captured one of the “bandits”. Both of them had the same outfit. They’re setting him up as the fall guy!

@Midnight_Reader thanks for the clarification i wasnt up to date bc like i said i was just hopelessly waiting in hopes of bucci gang doing it (since i cant find it mentioned anywhere that they've dropped this) but i'll probably binge on what i've missed out on later

i tried to prepare myself but it still hurt - god the artist is sooooo good!!!! but also, this kind of clarified smth that i thought previously was a spoiler
unless the manhwa adaptation decided to adjust some things, i really thought the captain would be part of the group that betrays shulli (accdg to spoilers from the novel forum). but the manhwa - at least from my understanding of the scanlation - shows that he was at the wrong scene at the wrong time and wanted to atone for his initial misconceptions about shulli. ;____;

this really isn't a manhwa that you read from chapter to chapter to fully understand wow. i'm so excited for the next ( and might be the last part? or second to the last? ) of the flashback epilogues.

The brilliance of this story never fails to amaze me.
When it first started I had some questions about the past life but they were one's I honestly thought we'd get during Shuli's second life and I was happy with that. And yet as the story progressed and we came to understand the children better, different questions appeared so the trip into the past life was bitter sweet. It answered those questions, yet left me heart broken. I want Shuli to uncover the plots the Church are even now starting toward her so much, with the help of those she's collecting around her (Nora, Jeremy). Yet I sincerely hope she doesn't remember her death in it's entirety as if it was as brutal as they suggest that...isn't something I'd want anyone to remember. She'd also be dealing with some serious trauma from it, so please let it remain as a memory of dying without any specific details. I also realized something else that is perhaps the most heart breaking of all this. While Shuli will hopefully uncover the Church plot and put it all together of why she died in the previous life, there is one thing she can never know. She died thinking those kids didn't like her, didn't want her around and couldn't wait to be rid of her and even now that doubt sometimes haunts her choices with them. She'll never know how much they loved her and the surprise they wanted to give her by finally confessing it all to her. That despite her missteps, she was still a good mother to them. That just breaks my heart.

The epilogues are just perfect
I mean, they're completing the story perfectly
It could even end without a second season and I think it would still be perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread