The Fantasie of a Stepmother

The story is very good. It’s hard to make a story where the readers are not cringing because of the characters dynamic. Keeping in mind that Shuli is only 2 years older than Nora while being a ‘mother’ to kids that acknowledges her as a parental figure (especially the twins). If the author didn’t handle it properly it would went south.

The conflict is very well told too. It’s not a generic story where someone relived their life, it actually shows how hurt Shuli was. Her emotional scars are slowly healing and it’s satisfying that she didn’t get an easy way out like other similar stories.

The art is also pretty and not being overly sparkly like manhwas in this genre. Will keep reading.

knowing that despite all the mistakes and messes that happened in her original life the kids still loved her is so heartwarming

despite all this foreshadowing that Jeremy loved her in a deeply obsessive or romantic way in her original life, I can't help but feel that his love for her is purely familial after she went back in time; their relationship formed under different circumstances and he has recognised her as a 'mother, sister, guardian' figure.

This... this is an example of a time travel story that is done right. This might be one of my most favourite now.

Um lol, so I don't know if anyone pointed this out but I hope it will help make the characters and their names clearer... (This is in response to the last panel of the chapter 61 where the character names were listed). The former (1st) Marchioness is Alicia von Neushwanstein, while Lucretia is actually the sister of Johannes, her full name being Countess Lucretia Sebastian. Valentino is the brother~

I love how there's so many scans group for this manwha 🤣 i never really noticed at first because the translations seemed continuous and there were no duplicate uploads. Thank you all for your hardwork!!!

Im an action adventure enthusiast that despise any kind of girly manga/hwa/hua like this
But boy i am wrong

Can someone confirm with me...the marquess chose shuli because she looked like the first empress??? Do we even kno the name of the first empress or her family??? I reread this in one go and I'm still confused

I'm so confused on the meta story. Hope someone who's been keeping up with this verify if the spoiler is correct.

The 3 power factions of royals, nobles, and the church are all basically corrupt and using civilians to line their pockets and maintain the status quo. Peasant uprisings are upended through brutal military shutdown and/or forced drafts to fight and die in wars of conquest to maintain the status quo. Of the 3 factions the nobles lose interest in wars and would rather have parties and be affluent, and without support from the nobles the wars end. During this standstill the Neuschwanstein family loses its patriarch and the other factions see this as an opportunity to start wars again while the other nobles just want to take the family's wealth. The only thing standing in their way is Marchioness Shuli who is too new to her position and too busy with the kids to fully understand the situation. But despite her shortcomings she's willing to sacrifice everything to protect the family, especially Jeremy since he will be the next head. She does such a good job that the stalemate stays intact until her assassination, which is used to frame another kingdom to incite another war. She loops back before the assassination and remembers the events, although not fully believing them. She takes it as a warning that failure in communication is what allowed everything to fall apart and so decides she will be more open with the children which, if events unfold similarly, will prevent her assassination and the future war.

@smape that is a good summary.

The only thing I currently wonder is if Cardinal Richelieu, the dead-eyed long-haired clergyman, somehow also remembers the loop in fractured memory or in clear whole. His actions somehow feel like they are changing too, but unlike Shuli he is advancing cautiously. Chapter 34 could be taken as his suspicion that Shuli somehow has a spy-like pulse on peasant attitudes, but it also looks like he is roundabout questioning her absolute confidence.

For those not familiar with classic European fiction, Cardinal Richelieu is the BBEG of the Three Musketeers (with Milady de Winter as his second), and a real historical figure known for consolidating power behind the monarchy and crafting shrewd alliances.

My current theory is that both heroine and villain are in on the loop, and that Cardinal Richelieu is tied to the first queen who looks like Shuli, perhaps even by blood.

Sh

The story is getting darker and darker and I just want to hug shuli more and more. You all really didn't deserve her

Users who are viewing this thread