Saihate no Paladin - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Prayer

Contributor
Damn chapter make me cry, you need t read the LN to understand me, damn author it's your fault that I care so much about Mary, Blood and Gus. ?

Aggregator gang
Hmmm...alright then. That one really got to me. I'm an emotional wreck right now.

But you know, besides just being cool, I also want to praise this author for his take on polytheism. Matar allowing her to still benefit from her despite being a heretic, but only if she is simultaneously punished for was really nice fleshing out of the concept of religion here.

I was confused a little by Gus' story though. Is he saying that the conflicts of the gods manifest themselves as major events among humanity? Or is he saying that the stories of the Gods are simply created by humans to explain away major events concerning humanity? I get that there's some sort of correlation between the two, but I don't know which of the two is the causation.

That is some crispy bread. Seriously though the feels train that particularly Mary but also the other two are already invoking in this story. This is a damn well thought out narrative.

Dex-chan lover
How did values become a thing to gods if they were the first? I know it's just a story to make use of and impress those beings that are above them.. still I want to know that... humans have made those virtues and gods haven't..

Dex-chan lover
This kind of character building is much more profound than an isekai protagonist gaining a loli slave in the first chapters.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme it seems to have decent world building even though this is just 3 chapters in...

pretty good

edit: I realized what you said at the end, I hope that is not an actual, real example.

Dex-chan lover
@CyanHide I wish it wasn't. As much as I like the isekai genre, far too many of the series possess the slave obsession. Somehow it's even worse than incompetent authors insisting on having an OP MC without the necessary talent to make the story interesting with one. As it is, I don't particularly feel disappointed by overflowing OP MCs anymore, but I do get annoyed by the happy slavery theme.

Group Leader
The world building is amazing, probably one of the best isekai that I've ever read.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah I actually love this so far, all 3 parents are great, and the MC is enjoyable as well. World feels like a proper world instead of some game environment or something.

Ah, I'm so used to read manga like this, with the situation like this. Where the foster parents turned out to be forked up. The betrayed-the-MC's-purity-by-accidently-letting-them-watching-you-performing-forked-up-ritual kind. I became empty watching MC treated like that. Feel something broke, you feel me? But watching this, I feel touched when the foster parents are actually good people (undead :D). This is a good character and world building. While I hope it will continue to do so, if something bat shit crazy like this happens without proper explanation, I will be 100% broken.

What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread