The Fate of the Returned Hero - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The Return of the Hero

Dex-chan lover
It's hard for me to understand why he would come back to Earth. I get that he has a loving family; a big, nice house; a childhood friend; modern, advanced tools, like a smartphone or TV; modern food and all those things, but in another world he has so much more.
He has the fame of a hero; people who love him like a family; multiple beautiful women who like him; some good, male friends; magical powers(since he didn't know he would still have them after coming back); the lifestyle of a royalty; an opportunity to advance technologically a medieval level world by hundreds of years and go down in history not only as a hero, but also as a great reformator and inventor; a whole different world to explore with sights that won't appear on the non-magical Earth and so on.

@rialm Yeap. I also totes never accidentally cast fire spell on my stove out of habit before. Magic completely don't exist in this world haha. Yep

Dex-chan lover
What was there to return to? A despising friend, parents off doing their own thing, and an empty house.

Over there, he had everything... except good burgers and coke. But quite a shocker, his stats never disappeared. He still has magic.

Fed-Kun's army
@jimmyclear I think that's going to be part of the plot - he came back but what he left was more than what he originally had. Though the friend isn't a bad friend, just some banter

lived in an other world for multiple years, while being revered as a god, yet didn't fuck a single girl. yep another beta japanese MC.

Dex-chan lover
@oculunus

Well to be fair life of a royalty at least a good one isn't as good as you might think it is. Think about what being a king means especially in medival times. It means that the lives and livelyhood of the citizens rest on your decisions. It is a heavy duty in a different sense of being a hero (in that case you just kill or make friends with the bad guy). Not to mention international politics, since being a hero and a king is a lot of power for a single person, and i don't think other nations would let it slide that easily. Not everyone could deal with it after all.

A harem? Not everyone wants one you know.

And reforming and technological revolutions require actually knowing how something works and how to make it from scratch. And unlike how manga likes to portray it, not every isekai protagonist would know the information and have
the skills necessary to do it.

Dex-chan lover
@Koiba Made me think more about https://mangadex.org/title/35794/the-hero-who-returned-remains-the-strongest-in-the-modern-world sine he returned to the same point in time.

“An isekai template you often come across”

Now I’m curious how this author is gonna do it differently from other isekais now that he’s aware it’s overused

Dex-chan lover
@arashikitsu

True, I didn't consider the responsibility that comes from being such an influential figure, but by the lifestyle of royalty I meant that he has enough fame, money and connections to live on a highest level possible in that world. Remember that there's still a proper crown prince already in that kingdom.

He doesn't need to make a harem. Multiple woman liking him just means that he can choose, if he likes any of them. He may as well stay single or chase after another woman that catches his eye.

Obviously, he won't be doing all of it by himself and in one evening. What some of the other isekai protagonists achieve with just high-school education is ridiculous. I'm not saying he would suddenly build a car by himself or something.
But just by throwing a few general ideas, other prominent people in that world could possibly make it work. A steam engine for example has a really simple construction, it is taught in schools, it would revolutionise the world and all he needs to do is go to the kingdom's research and development institution and tell them to try to make things move by using steam and oversee them until it looks like a proper engine. Or just tell them how electricity works more or else, how it looks in our world and let them ruminate over it.

mans said NANI?!?! when he used a light orb.

Also i would prob be cryingg my soul out if i got isekai'd and had the first taster of a BOrger

Fed-Kun's army
Don't you just hate it when you subconsciously use light magic in a world without said magic?

shame that magic doesn't exist

This guy isn't a man at all. I hate these kinds of protagonists and I hate these authors who have no balls to write something better.

Dex-chan lover
@ioriya I mean if anything I think he's more of a man in keeping to his convictions and returning home when he had so much temptation to do otherwise. 3 years of likely nightmarish encounters with evil beings and now his reward is to go home. You saw how much a simple burger from his favorite fast food place meant to him in the page where he cried right? I think it takes major cojones to actually return home in his situation.

@wilddeath I'm referring to how he thinks that the confessions/flirting from the women around him are a "joke" when they are pretty damn serious. He doesn't have any significant others in his original world either so it's not like he's "keeping" it for anyone specific if that's his thing.

I like how he just casted light instinctively then went to bed, just to get up and realize he can use magik.

Users who are viewing this thread