The Flower Dances and the Wind Sings - Ch. 1

Fed-Kun's army
I mean she was thrown in a arranged marriage most likely around 16/17 yo then gave birth to a child she didn't necessarily wanted at 17 and then apparently had to stay away from society to care for him for 5 years (between 17 and 22 yo) and when she go back she is criticised for letting other people take care of him for one night when she used to be quite loved and revered in high society 5 years prior... I can understand it was a shock for her. And why she could put the blame on her kid even though it was obviously to us not the right thing to do especially for the kid. But I don't think the right thing to do is as obvious to people who live the situation first hand as it is to people like us who have an exterior view and know the final result.

@annakiko And I don't think the Tragedy tag should be used here... If it is then it should be on every isekai and Time travel manga/manhua out there just because the MC dies in first chapter... It won't necessarily represent the genre of the rest of the manhwa.

Double-page supporter
i know age doesn't correspond with maturity or mental fortitude but being a mother is hard and she was only 17 at that time... I'm not saying it as an excuse but she was incredibly young with lots of societal burdens and we didn't really see the husband being supportive either in the prologue...

and I don't think that people here are defending the FL per se... most was simply stating that its a very real situation without dismissing her faults

Aggregator gang
@moonbears Not everyone has the same outlook unfortunately.

She was in her prime and just wanted to live life, though she should have tried harder. I think she might have had post partum depression and it is hard to raise a child. Though I'm not absolving her of what she has done.

Well this is her chance and it's certainly not going to be easy to gain Vincente's affection

This is strange of this scan group but part of this is still in korean.

Thank you for translating!

Totally agree with some of the comments, despite not being right at all, we must take note that she was very young when she gave birth. it's not like she didn't like the kid at the start, but suddenly having to give up your life at your youth added with social expectations and no support from your husband can really take a toll to a young mother.
Though i wished she went back a bit earlier. At this rate she's just going to die soon again

Ehh... So, the setup is for me to dislike a young woman who was, more or less, railroaded into being a mother before she wanted to? Nah... I've never gotten a kick out of being judgemental like that.

If this truly was about her healing that relationship then the time skip would've gone all the way back to when her son was a baby.

If this is going to be her taking flak for "being a bitch" because she "wasn't a good mom" and her going "sowwy!!! :'( " all over the place then I'll drop. I'll give a few chapters a chance to prove me wrong (and I hope I am).

Is it just me or is there a page missing at the end where she's reaching out to her son? Like, her sentence is ending with a comma?

@annakiko someone will probably make a novel updates spoilers forum later u have to type the title + spoilers and you’ll find the forum u can write spoilers there but there’s no forum yet

Gosh she really wasn’t ready to be a mother.
Unfortunately she WAS a bad mother but it kind of couldn’t be helped since she became one before she was ready and obviously nobody prepared her to be one. She was really spoiled too.
Instead they just scolded her for being a poor mother that should sacrifice all for the child. Obviously it’s expected that you give up much of your own time for your child, but it’s fair to still have a bit of your own time.

But thinking of it in a middle ages context she really wasn’t THAT young for having a child. In that way she’s kinda like the equivalent of a modern day absentee party/gambling mom and I can’t approve of that. That alone isn’t an excuse. While being a teenaged mother isn’t the most reasonable thing in the world there are plenty in the world who are wonderful mothers who raised great kids.

Fed-Kun's army
@OtomeAddict The setting isn't Middle Ages Europe tho but more like around the 17th/18th century and at that time apparently the women usually married in average around 25 so 17 years old is very young. The authors don't usually take that into consideration when they write their manhwa but the story where 16/17/18yo girls marry the duke isn't really accurate but surely bring more readers. I'm not saying it's bad and they should be more accurate but I just think it's something interesting to know.

Users who are viewing this thread