The Flower Dances and the Wind Sings - Ch. 15

Fed-Kun's army
Good Harsen, told her point-blank what needed to be said, nothing Harsen said was wrong, you can't drop being a mother and then pretend everything is a okay, guess what the effects on your PARTNER and child, is real and the issue isn't Harsen. Harsen as a duke and head of the household shoulders a goddamn lot of responsbility, people tend not to realize what that responsibility means, he has mentioned in the past of Ercella behavior however she ignored him for her own selfish desire and Vincinte and Harsen are also right about his marriage, her own marriage was the "best choice at the time" which any indication why he blew up on her, she really hit the sour spot, cause he does love her but she saw their marriage as a business contract, a sour spot then to add insult to injury, she's talking about her son's "happiness" upon which she had a hand ruining herself, Vincinte is 15, Up until her time leap, 18, for 18 full years, Vincinte was treated then lower than trash by his biological mother while I understand PPD doesn't change that fact, never did, her age didn't matter he attitude towards events did and this is why I have no sympathies towards her, she literally had to die to understand what she did wrong and were she had to improve and hence why I said it's all up to Vincinte and Even Harsen if they should forgive her for actting like that, you can talk Post-Pregency Depression all day, it doesn't change how they have been treated and the effects on them, from Ercella priportorizing herself only.

i honestly just feel bad for everyone in this family. but especially vicente, who is just the pure victim in all of this mess. it’s so sad seeing the the switch kid vicente had from him looking so bright and energetic and having the stars in his eyes as a kid to now being indifferent and detached from everything due to the years of neglect he experienced. i remember this one dialogue from an anime i watched years ago and it was something like “you’re too used to getting hurt. strength is tolerance after all. it’s an act of accumulating stress. that’s why your mind will always scream out before it reaches its limits. anger, sadness, irritation... in a variety of forms. but you tolerate too much of everything, so you can’t hear that scream anymore. that’s why you can always keep a stoic expression.” idk it just reminded me of vicente... at the very least i wish that he would just live a happy life from now on and honestly a marriage with that rat bitch doesn’t seem like the best thing so i hope harsen takes that marriage proposal back especially after this conversation. most of the time, kids always end up suffering the most from the decisions of their parents and it’s so sad to see.

i remember seeing the majority of people dumping all the blame on ercella when in reality, harsen wasn’t any better and didn’t do anything about ercella’s neglect towards vicente despite fully knowing about it😕 they were both at fault here and i can honestly just hope that they’ve at least learned from their shortcomings. god i just hope they sit down with vicente and sincerely apologise for everything.

literally how are people still ONLY blaming ercella after this?? it’s clear that harsen didn’t do anything about the neglect considering how he said he “turned a blind eye to everything even if it left you and my only son neglected”. yes, ercella was a shitty mother and although she had postpartum depression, mental illness doesn’t excuse shitty behaviour. but let’s not forget that harsen also has a part to play in all of this. yes, he’s a duke and i’m sure he has piles of responsibilities and duties to take care of but that also does NOT give him a free pass to be neglectful. they were BOTH in the wrong, they BOTH had their flaws, they were BOTH clearly not ready for parenthood in the slightest. it’s vexing to see that people are always so lenient when it comes to men being shit fathers but DRAG bad mothers through the mud. literally worms for brains some of y’all have🥱🥱 harsen and ercella were BOTH shitty parents let’s get that straight. keep the same energy when dragging them pls

Dex-chan lover
@Adryan475 I wonder if you are a fan of Ruve in Abandoned Empress cause you come off as one of those. Far more forgiving to the handsome powerful Romantic Male Lead despite being absolute shits, The MC definitely is flawed and did wrong, but if you really read the novel and understand the kind of society she is in, she has no real power and has had a shitty time. Meanwhile, he has tons of power and acts a shit. He is way worse.

Dex-chan lover
@yassi wut...there are tons of manhwas with tyrant dads that get redemptions..l like, a great deal/most of the otome isekai has only dead moms and shitty tyrant dads that get redemptions

Fun fact! Postpartum is real! And its crazy how much of a difference a supportive spouse and a good support network can be. A good friend of mine had a history of depression and bipolar disorder. When she got pregnant, she and her husband were concerned about the possibility of Postpartum. Thankfully, she has good health insurance and about two months before she was due, she started seeing a professional about it. She struggled after the birth, but her husband made sure he was *there*, helping her with the baby, giving her breaks so she could go get coffee with friends or just take a day off. They came up with feeding schedules so she wasn't the one doing all of the work.

The approached it the way a family should....BOTH their lives changed when they became parents, not just hers. And they both worked so that the other could have moments of normalcy. As a result, neither had to give up the social things they enjoy, they just both cut back on them.

Look at all the famous cases of postpartum and the father is absent. He's out with friends because he can't handle the mother's crying. He hasn't cut back on his work schedule. He isn't home for dinner. Etc etc etc. The best way to manage postpartum is to support the woman by FUCKING BEING THERE.

We can all give a thousand reasons about sexism, etc, on why she was pressured by society and blah blah but that doesn't make her less of a bad mother. And she doesn't have the right to be that mad - her husband left her "free" all she wanted. He is right here. Even though arranged marriage is ridiculous, he has the right to question her. Also she is making decisions for herself; ok, the boy is still a teenager, but she didn't even ask his opinion on the matter

Honestly I’m not even gonna blame her either. Postpartum depression IS A THING PEOPLE. Not even that but can you imagine living her kind of life, forced to marry at a young age to someone you probably don’t even want to be with, forced to be a baby making machine just because you’re a woman and YOU HAVE TO because it’ll create political relationships? (Read the RAWS) And the fact that just when she thought she was going to be happy, all of a sudden she got preggo and people started treating her differently when she barely even had time to enjoy her life and now she needs to be a responsible adult and take care of her new family and child at a very young age too. Yes, it’s a different life when you get married and have a kid BUT sometimes it’s scary and very stressful. I’m not surprised that there are times when parents just wanna run away and forget about it but they can’t. Not everyone can do it just because, and Ercella just had a harder time accepting it.

Maybe that’s why this time she’s determined to change because she knows her faults now. And that’s a great thing, atleast she’s trying to do something and make it up for all those years she didn’t care.

I do feel bad for Vicente, he’s still a child and he knows how much his mother loathes him. Ah, what a sad thing for a parent to make their children think that way. I hope this lifetime, it will turn out better for the both of them.

Also we don’t even know if the Dad is any better...haven’t heard them mention him doing anything better. And yeah he left her alone all those years and let her have her “freedom” but was that really the best thing??? And what freedom? All he did was yell at her and told her to act like a mom and take care of the kid and just left her without communicating and helping each other.

At least Harsen was there for the child, wasn't he? Taking care of his education and actually talking to him. Should he have forced the mother to take care of the baby? "He knew she was neglecting the child and did nothing about it" what should he do? Scream at her like he did before "You have a child now" and leave her even more anxious? Lock her in a room with the child? Hit her? He did what he could, he warned her a few times and she didn't care

@Lilywoo she did indirectly ask vicente about his opinion on the matter and he just said he doesn’t particularly care.... it seems like he’s almost lost the aspect of voicing his opinion or having one at all especially when it concerns his family. he’s not agreeing to marry her because he wants to, it’s more like he doesn’t even care at this point because he was never taught that it’s okay to be honest and that it’s okay to say you don’t like something. i really don’t think she’s making these decisions for herself when she even said that she wants vicente to marry someone he loves, not to have a marriage based on calculated interests and it’s clear that he obviously does not love a woman that he’s only met twice and barely even had a proper conversation with.

She was a selfish brat that believe in yolo forgetting that yolo means you live only once: tldr-mistakes made are mistakes preserved once and for all. Now she wants an obedient loving baby boy never once being there for them. She is the gender-reverse of the philanderer-father-returns-back-to-family-and-expecting-reverence trope. Her husband may be an enabler by not holding her accountable but that doesn't fix her sh*tty child rearing, partying past.
You can claim post-partum depression for an year or two at max but not like what she has done for 18 or more year. When she died last time her son must've thought good riddance, great god thank you. And he was justified in thinking that.
When people face adversity they become mature, she just aged in brattiness. No self-awareness. Color her surprised every chapter.
My culture has a saying 'when awoken(having realisation of reality) it is advent of dawn (for you)'. But she doesn't cut it.

@yirina depression doesn't just magically go away. You think postpartum, and the resentment bred from it, just magically goes away after a few years? You think the abuse of being forced into marriage for self preservation leaves a person unscarred?

Dex-chan lover
@Lilywoo
I won't argue about what you have said, but if I became a man and my wife neglect our child I will at least ask her why.

@TheGodEmperor yeah that’s fine, my point was that those in my those stories of tyrant dads/cute daughter, the shitty dads almost never got the same amount of hate that ercella gets. did you see the comments on the first few chapters? or the general comments when this first came out?? they were literally not giving her ANY flack and no sympathy whereas people often give more sympathy and understanding towards fathers. and yes, i also enjoy reading those stories and seeing their redemption but many people here are not even willing to give this mother a CHANCE at it. a father could neglect and kill his daughter, have a second chance at making things right and everyone would be okay with that. everyone would be pulling the “people deserve second chances” card. or the “he had his reasons” card. or the “he had a traumatic childhood” card. or the “he was mentally unstable” card. but when those reasons are used for mothers, even in real life, people are incredibly dismissive. it’s the internalised misogyny and sexism that irritates me.

@yeoryeong I agree with you! Both of them were bad parents but a lot of people still believe that women, just because of their sex, have naturally, always, motherhood (and if they don't have, they're degenerate).

@Lilywoo
he wasn't just a passerby, if he thought her behaviour was wrong he had to say it and try to change the things, for his child's sake at least! now that she really found her 'motherhood' he shouldn't make a mockery of it.

Btw, about her past behaviour: it was definitely wrong but we have also remember her age when she get married: was she 16? 17? 18? Im not sure but I don't think she was older than that. She had to get married and have a child when probably she wasn't ready. Then add up her postpartum depression and a stranger-like as husband and her behaviour is easily explicated. Not justified, because from the point of view of the child, this will be always unjustifiable. But her husband could try to understand and could definitely try to take action and not just observe her and let her "free all she wanted".

As others already stated it's incredible as the most of us readers accepted the atonement of shitty fathers in other manhwas/novels while now she can't even be understood. I'm saying it again, she's full of flaws but she understood (on the verge of death) what she did and she repented. She wants to change but she can change the future, not the past.

Users who are viewing this thread