The Flower Dances and the Wind Sings - Ch. 19

Well, the point is, Ercella is not only a mom, and she is getting stress and depressed from the fact that her existence itself does not seems to have another meaningful role other that carrying the ML's baby. People do not see her as 'Ercella' anymore -or she does not think so. She has became someone's mother, a womb in people's eyes. And that made her struggle. Is that my only reason of existence? What if I miscarriage? Why do people stop caring about me anymore? Why do people start caring about me excessively? blabla
Every mother is not just a mother.

Fed-Kun's army
Man I feel it for Harsen, he probably realized too late, he fell in love while she only saw him as an option and Ercella almost falling down the stairs, yeah she is careless and clueless as ever, sigh.

It is pretty sad how many main characters usually have dead or neglectful parents.

And now we have the main character being the neglectful parent. I don't condone the FL actions on her neglect, but she didn't physically abuse her son nor emotionally degrade him. She just distanced herself from the catalyst of her depression which she sadly made her son. The FL wasn't emotionally strong enough to create her own identity and eventually succumbed to her depression. It was that way until her deathbed. I think that it is nice that she is trying her hardest to right her only regret which was to be a better mother. She also has a personality which is always a +. An extremely common personality that does not make her unique at all but a personality and a solid one.

It is not like the ML did any better in that respect, not like he was as bad as the FL. The ML is the Duke, so he has many responsibilities. A lot more responsibilities than the FL. Based on how I see him, he must prioritize his work more than his family and he desired to raise his son to have those same priorities. A classic case of paying more attention to what he wants his son to be more than who his son actually is and doing everything in his power to cultivate that potential. Based on the amount of work he gave his son to study, he would go as far as to sacrifice his son's emotional needs. He doesn't physically or mentally abuse their child, but neglect him just the same. Not like he was good with emotions anyway. The ML most likely raised his son like how his father raised him.

The FL isn't evil and neither is the ML. I have read comments stating that the terrible things that happen to the FL are all the ML fault which is far from the case. The ML doesn't have that much power over the FL life. He never forced her into doing anything. They are ultimately products of their environment and their identities never became more than what they were born into and labeled as by others.

The son is emotionally neglected and it is worse due to having his father's temperament. He has the ML vegetable temperament. Little to no personality.

I think authors in this don't know how to write men in depth. All of them seem to be black or blond haired blank canvases for the reader to imagine their personality based on their actions.

Overall 6/10. It has a nice solid story, but with the usual characters.

I might get really sad if the spoiler about the FL and ML
getting a divorce.
That is the perfect way to further emotionally damage a child.
They need both parents.
;-;

I am going to continue reading to see what happens. Keep up the good work, scanlators! You all are amazing at what you do!

Thank you for the work that you do!

@clairdeIune First of all, mind your language. I'm not your friend. I'm also blocking you. Have some respect first.

Do people need to say they love you or I care about you for you to understand that they care/love you? Especially when you are in a fucking relationship? No. Actions decide that, not words. If it didnt, I would say I love you to my wife and fuck another woman behind her back. MC is blessed, obviously people around her care about her. Especially her husband. She's living in a delusion and thinks she's pitiful and depressed. You are reading this story from her own retarded perspective. Remember that.

I'm not going to act like I understand maternal instincts, but she ended up like this because of her retarded actions. People should put responsibilities before partying, but she did the exact opposite and she fucked up. There is literally no rational reason to defend her actions like you do.

With all due respect, your kind of people are the people I hate the most. You know you fucked up but you dont accept it and brand it as "no one understand the meanings behind my actions". No, you just fucked up, and there are other people in the same situtation as you or a worse and they pulled through. You fucked up.

Is it just me or she had a particularly unnatural expression when her sister said about how nicely her husband treats her..? Smells kinda sus, like an abusive relationship…

Ultimately, the present is the result of a series of unfortunate events and thoughtless actions.

Is that inherently evil?

I don't think people understand that the point of this story is redemption 😅

I think she was just not ready to have a baby. Yes she was happy when she got to know she was pregnant but she was still very young, probably close to her 20s. She wanted to get to experience things more, the ball parties and stuff that happened in the storyline which she enjoyed, which were kind of her escape, this pregnancy just came as a surprise and made her whole life take a turn.

Now she was responsible for her and a baby's life. Pregnancy is not simple. Growing a child in your womb for 9 months and then taking care of them till they are grown well. You don't even notice how quickly the years go by. In the process, you even forget about your hobbies and interests, sometimes it even takes a little toll on parents mental health. It's scary.

That's why it is said that you have to know and prepare yourself before you get pregnant because your whole life changes, your priorities changes. It's a lot to take in.

Our MC was just not ready and she was too young to even understand it all. She was forced to get used to these things and it became a burden for her and it turned into frustations. There was no one else she could vent to so she took out her frustations on her kid. Which really is sad.
Although her husband was caring, he was just not emotionally open to her and there was always a barrier in between them. Her family had their own problems so she didn't wanted to make them worried. Her father in law was never too close to her. She had no one. So she took out the anger on her kid. She didn't have to strength to hold it all in.
It was too much for her.

Parenting is hard and this story is a prime example of it.

They should've taken more precautions if they didn't want a baby yet. The fact they were taken by surprise is not good.

Fed-Kun's army
She wasn't ready to have a child. Plain and simple. Well, she was neglectful of her child, but to be honest, compared to the some of the other series, that might as well be nothing.

She isn't a bad person. You can't really expect someone who isn't ready for pregnancy or having a child to well, do it well. You can't expect her to do it well, anymore than you can expect someone with severe depression to stop being depressed, or a poor person to stop being poor.

If anything, the fact that she never abused him is commendable for someone of her mental standing. Remember, not everyone wants children nor will be ready for them. She is a noble in ye old times, so its not like there are contraceptives either. She is expected to bare a child as a duty.

As a female main character, she is sufficiently complex and dynamic enough to be a realistic character. The male lead, well, he's basically a typical male lead in a korean series.

Grateful for the translation as always, but man I'm ready to get back to the present 😅 They left off at such a tense moment involving Vicente's engagement, and I feel like I get the picture of the past already. She was immature and struggling.

This story shows how pregnancy is not something simple, a living being that grows in your body and radically changes it can't be something simple, but in all the writings, stories and even in everyday life have portrayed it only as something joyful, a wonderful event.

However all women react differently, they exist enormously different situations on this subject in psychology, here in this webtoon we can see a post-pregnancy depression. But tell yourself that pregnancy can lead to neonaticides due to various psychotic disorders, and many psychiatrists are still trying to understand.
Also tell yourself that today women try to be followed both psychologically and physically during pregnancy, here at that time the psychological side goes completely by the wayside which increases all the more the risk of psychological problem. (which could be one of the reasons for the high number of neonaticides during this period).

The psychology of the pregnant woman is a very interesting and taboo subject, although psychological problems are far from isolated.

In addition, she is young, has just met the ML who takes good care of her but does not communicate much, and it's hard to imagine someone being madly in love with you in just one night, although she doesn't know he's probably seen her before since he hasn't said anything to her, so I would say her insecurity is rather justified. It's logical that she imagines that he is in the same situation as her. Of course words which are not supplemented by facts are not worth anything but the reverse can increase insecurity enormously of somebody. Especially since the rest of the story shows all the more this lack of communication with sometimes the complete absence of the ML.

In conclusion pregnancy is something that is far from simple, and it is good that it can be shown in this webtoon. I hope they will succeed in surpassing this ordeal.

Maan I feel bad, she has so much good things happens in her life and she waste it away on her first life

Hmm she was too young to have a child, she wasn't ready. And she was being treated like an incubator too. It's hard for pregnant women if they're treated as a vessel once they're pregnant. You must think of the baby, yes, but dont neglect the mother. A lot of cultures do this, where as soon as a woman is pregnant she's not really seen as herself, an individual woman, but as someone carrying a baby. The baby isnt just first, its the only part that matters.

@Kisa24 I totally agree, this what I just thought when I read this and definitely she’s been through a lot other than pregnancy

Users who are viewing this thread