The Flower Dances and the Wind Sings - Ch. 22

Fed-Kun's army
Wish she'd confront him, and ask if she's only a tool to him or something. But maybe the princess miscarriage event will cause something to happen.

I feel so bad for her. Not all mother immediately fall in love with their child like in movies (which can be extremely romanticize). Also her postpartum depression isn’t helping at all in connecting with her child. And even more unfortunate she has no one she can lean on, the maid and servers treat with little respect and doesn’t care about her opinion at all. And her husband is barely around. No wonder she turned out the way she did, I’m actually surprised she didn’t commit suicide. She has sever mental issues and has gone through multiple horrible event in 1 year that made things much worse and harder to treat.

poor girl oh my god i can’t even imagine the internal conflict she’s going through with her postnatal depression.... not being able to love her child because he reminds her of a traumatic event that harsen was in, thinking that he’s seeing her less because she’s lost her beauty... and the fact that she had no one she felt safe & comfortable enough to confide in... and then at the end, hearing about her sister’s miscarriage?? how must that have made her feel..... yes none of this excuses the neglect we get it. from what i’ve seen, most ercella sympathisers separate those two things apart.

She got baby blues 😭😭 i hope she and harsen can communicate about this issues

Thank you for the mass release

I just want to slap the husband. This poor woman needs help both with taking care of the baby and mental health.

Idk y ppl hating on her I feel so bad for her and vicient. He would have had a better life had he been born later in life.

Yoooooooo did he and the princess have an affair? Sh*t now I know why the duchess is like that at the first part. Tsk tsk

I know that was serious but I misread the beginning and thought it said “pls skip if you’re unable to handle dank memes”

The first princess here means her sister who married to the first prince so ofcourse she is shocked.

i feel like communication was their biggest issue, like in many other couples. because of the traumatic sight she saw of harsen dragging his distant cousin’s dead body whilst she was pregnant, i don’t think she felt safe and comfortable enough to talk to him about her problems and the hard part about mental illness, especially depression, is that a lot of the time you don’t know why you feel the way that you do and it seems like that was the case for ercella. and after harsen returned, she didn’t feel valued as a duchess and he started seeing her less since he was busy. i feel like he should’ve reassured her and talked to her about his true feelings though i do understand he probably had a fear that she didn’t reciprocate the same feelings since she referred to him as her ‘best choice’. idk i just feel like they really just needed to sit down and have a real conversation about everything instead of expecting each other to be mindreaders😔

@corinna postpartum depression doesn't excuse abuse, but it does explain it and it should mitigate "blame". In the US, we have this idea that people have to be mentally fit to stand trial. We don't hold people accountable for their actions if the science suggests that they weren't in control of their actions.

Also, as of now, the abuse is limited to neglect. And frankly Harsen is being even more neglectful of the child, yet the mom is somehow getting the blunt of the blame regardless of the fact that she's suffering from ppd. Its frustrating because its not like this only happens in stories....its very real and very common, even now.

Goodness, she never took a breather. It just one tragedy to the next. 😢 who wouldn’t get depressed, esp. with no support whatsoever

Thank you for the chapters! 🙏🏼

Users who are viewing this thread