The Flower Dances and the Wind Sings - Ch. 22

@rinnychan98 Many people still lack awareness about mental health. I’ve seen it in many instances. When there were public figures who had severe depression because of online bullying or relationships issues (with friends, family, lovers, society) in the end committing suicide, the first and the only thing these people did were blaming these public figures, saying that they’re weak, that they’re not strong enough, that they should’ve been perfect, that being hated by people is normal as celebrities so they should’ve just take it, that it’s their job to receive hate, etc.

@Moth

Yeah, ikr but in the end of the day we're all humans. Mental health is really an important topic and people should really be aware of that. I got bullied, people hated me, but they don't know the reason why I'm like this because they can't see it.

The lack of awareness upsets me..... you, me and other people who have mental health problems are proof that it exist. :(

That is why so many korean celeb killed themselves and some other celebs as well cause people didnt know how much they harmed the person. People kill people.

Ok now Harsen blaming g her like that a few chapters back is ruthless after reading this. She is clearly depressed (hence why she can't love her baby as she projects harsen on him). Yes, she shouldn't have neglected Vicente and gone to parties etc etc, but reading this, its no surprise she did that :(
When the time skip ends I hope she can stop the engagement of Vicente

This is heartbreaking but still happens. She got shut away from all the connections that make up her world, all alone in a new unwelcoming place, tons of conflict and fear. Deaths, blood, a lot of shaming her for trying to spend time with people. And that’s all on top of being 15 and having what is clearly postpartum depression.
To grow up surrounded by love and affection and being intellectually challenged and then suddenly to have her life turn into that. I need to go read something happy because I’m crying so hard.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get why so many are still forgiving Harsen when he's a shitty husband and (even right now) a shitty parent (he's not helping taking care of the child at all, sure could be "societal differences" in this world's society). Kinda annoying seeing people STILL forgive him, yet have issues with Ercella. Both have their flaws, but Harsen is kinda being shittier imo. Swear, some forgive him just cause "hot male lead" (just like some forgive Ruve or other shitty male leads).

But, it is good more are turning around to see Ercella isn't just "so horrible" as people thought originally. Sure, Harsen has his own circumstances, but he's the one with more power/agency and is honestly more in the wrong imo (knowing more of the story).

Dex-chan lover
@Makapruim cause he's a Duke and she is his sister in law (someone important to Ercella by a lot). So of course he is going to want to be updated about the affairs of the royal family and his wife's family.

@TheGodEmperor Thank you for the clarification.

This just saddens me more because I guess that there is the interest in the royal family as a vassal but not in his own family (his wife's) as a husband (son-in-law). Because if the interest in the princess was one of family then he would've also been interested in his wife. I understand both are going through things, however not communicating is a form of projecting upon and denying the other person space to exist within your thoughts and world. So in the end he is only adding to her suffering. So, how can his interest even be that of familial love towards his wife.

Empathy can be shown in the act of understanding why someone acted a certain way or thought something. However, understanding does not mean that it justifies that act or thought. So even if there is empathy, there can still be criticism, because we are imperfect beings that act within our own selfishness.

Thank you for the update! Also thank you for the TW, I have a friend who also reads this and she has a few triggers which makes it so I read chapters before her and tell her to read/skip them if they have her triggers bc a lot of the stuff we both read don't have TWs before it, so thank you.

Lastly, that TKAM essay brought back memories of my freshman year lmao, hope you finished your essay in time!

It's really not Ercella's fault at all!!! Like wtf I'm so mad at how Harsen said in chapter 15 that she's now pretending like a mother and what has she done all this time for Vicente BUT BTCH WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ERCELLA??? Sorry not sorry I kinda hate Harsen now. 🙃

Suddenly I don't like having Harsen as the male lead anymore.... Even if he may have been super busy while she was suffering from postpartum depression, a little care like a letter or some kind words would have gone a long way...Just because he loves her doesn't mean he's a good male lead, since love has to be shown and not just kept inside and then claimed all actions are justified.

Dex-chan lover
@Makapruim I think he is interested, just sucks at showing it.
just in case of spoilers, he does love his wife, legitimately, was love at first sight, but he's one of those "sucks at telling his feelings" kinda things. But his love to make her happy is also part of what the problem was in their relationship because he didn't talk to her either and just let her do what made her happy. Sometimes, the best way to be a loving supportive person in a relationship is also knowing how and when to criticize/help the person you love do the right thing instead of just doing what they always want.

@clairdeIune I think by this point, the one considered the first princess is Ercella's sister (since she's the wife of the crown prince and the king, his father, was king for awhile longer so he stays crown prince until made king and, his wife in turn, is the crown/first princess?), but I could be wrong. In general, I think he's just a vassal that's being made aware of events going on.

Interesting 🤔
I don’t really have much to say but we can obviously see she has some reasons for behaving the way she did and Harsen is by no means innocent in what happened to the family. He was a shity husband, father and friend to his wife.

Ppd is real guys..i was in that state for my newborn..i hated my child for various reasons..not normal reasons..but it is real

Users who are viewing this thread