The Flower Dances and the Wind Sings - Ch. 22

There's plenty of blame to go around, but overall, this is the kind of problem that happens when therapists don't exist. People don't realize how severe these types of things are. Marriage requires proper communication, and a wife really needs emotional support when they are pregnant, and even after they gave birth.

Harsen never being there and even bringing in a bloodied body upon his return after a long absence when his wife is still pregnant will definitely hit her mental state quite strongly. And never being there definitely did not help Ercella's mentality. She just wanted her husband to comfort her emotionally, and he's been failing at that. Of course, Ercella acting out and neglecting her child is still something that isn't right by any means, as the child suffered as a result of Ercella not being there for him.

There just needs to be a serious conversation between Ercella and Harsen so that they can understand one another.

It would've been better if Harsen hadn't loved her at all. Then he would've atleast treated her better to make up for his lack of love

I hope that after these flashbacks Harson and her can have a serious conversation about everything. He obviously doesn’t have to forgive her right away but I think this could help him understand her better.

While I agree that Harsen has also been through a lot, I'd argue that the recent events isn't the root of all this neglect (from Harsen's part).

Everyone who's trying to defend Harsen is missing a very important point. Harsen isn't a normal teenager with a normal upbringing. He was the heir to a duke's household - he was groomed to be ruthless and unemotional so I doubt that his deployment to war, killing his relatives etc affect him that much like you thought it would as this was pretty much something he most likely have expected to happen.

Remember the chapter where Vicente killed a man without even batting an eye? Remember how emotionless he was? That's not only because of Ercella's neglect but also because of the way he was raised. So you ask, who "raised" him? Who actually planned his training as the next heir? His father, Harsen. If this is how Harsen raised Vicente, then it would just make sense for Harsen to be also raised this way and also be this way.

So saying that "hey guys cut harsen some slack he went to war so that's why neglecting Ercella is understandable/fair" isn't gonna cut it at all because at this point he's emotional state is stable as a rock compared to Ercella who is literally sad af.

The neglect from Harsen pretty much came from how he was raised- as an heir, coddling someone and being someone's emotional support wasn't in his training and I doubt that he knew how to be one. I'd say he doesn't know what depression is and what it does to people. You can't solve a problem if you don't think there is one. It's very hard for Harsen to notice/empathize because he was raised to endure all this hardship on his own, silently.

Tl;dr Harsen's neglect is due to how he was raised and not because of the events that happened in the flashback. So don't use it to defend Harsen because it isn't it at all.

She has that syndrome where the mom gets really depressed after birth and can't love the child? It explains alot. Deep feels, I like it

If this isn't a classic case of sometimes love just isn't enough I don't know what is. It's obvious there is love between them. But their lack of communication and emotional maturity make it impossible for them to properly foster feelings, and it makes for a poor relationship. They need therapy ASAP.

just please nobody hate her, post partum depression is very real and a lot of the time. mothers just can’t love their child

okay i think i understand better now... poor ercella. she's is trapped in that house, isolated, suffering from severe post-partum depression, in an environment where she's ignored by other people just because she's a woman, so compared to harsen she has it much worse. blaming the baby and blaming herself for not being a good mother is probably twisting her mental state further and the author is doing a great job of portraying that. idk what's wrong with harsen and why he can't reach out himself when he clearly sees his wife and child struggling, but maybe that is just how he was raised? anyways, thanks for the updates!

Is this why I struggle with my own essays lolol?? Maybe I should put them in bubblesike a manga to like them a bit more lmao

ahhh

oh no oh no oh no no no

this is so sad for reasons that her bottled up thoughts were never laid out

she is getting more problems and there is no communication happening

woooooh bye bye mental health indeed

The discord chat was funny. the effort to make it a meme

Group Leader
Yeah, yeah. I know she's sad. I know she did bad. Can we get back to the present now? Why do we even need reason to sympathize with her? We already reading her story ofc we like this girl. This arc is dragging for too long ffs.

Users who are viewing this thread