The Flower Dances and the Wind Sings

@Sl23ga
Depression doesn't give you the right to treat people like shit. but yeah, you are right in some ways but I do think that she deserves their coldness.

I know it was implying she didn't care about her baby but the way it was framed turned me off. God forbid a mother wants to go out one night without her five year old

This one isn't it for me. It's kinda depressing and our MC is to old for me to relate to her. Also she has a kid a few years younger than me. I could relate more to her kid than to her lmao
Dropping it!

She had really bad postpartum depression and no one seemed to know how to properly help her with it, so it spiraled. Badly. I'm glad she's getting a second chance to be a mother, even if it's a bit late.

@SirangWuxian there are women who have killed their children because of undiagnosed/ untreated/ignored post partum depression. They are sick and need treatment.
She doesn't deserve their coldness, she deserved having someone be there to help her and understand her.

Fed-Kun's army
The end of this all is that even the author and Ercella don't excuse her actions, she was depressed and suffered from Post Partum Depression, so what does that have to do with Vincente who was basically innocent and had to suffer at his mother hands? do you think, he didn't care when she was literally dying out of nowhere? she treated him like a nuisance for 18 years, all the excuses wouldn't make him understand in fact it would probably piss him off more because he questions if he was even worth being born, then people double standards with Harsen, the duke of a domain where he had to rise up and do an untold amount for his family and domain, it's terrible for everyone but the one I sympathize with is Vincente.

Depression can destroy you. LITERALLY.

It doesn't excuse, but it does give mitigation to her actions.

With depression and particularly Postpartum depression, you cease to be you. Also cruelly to both mother and child, you can severely resent your child and family. And want nothing to do with said child. It's a horrid condition that needs far more attention and awareness.

You exist in a vaccum of despair, with very few seconds of light. [iIf any][/i]

So this combined with her youth, an emotionally distant husband, conservative society, gender stereotypes and patriarchy?! She was screed from Day -1 🤷🏽‍♀️

I admire the webcomic artist for illustrating such a difficult situation, but the...depth of despair is just too much for me right now 😅

I wish
the FL went further back to when her son was a young child 😔 It may have made it easier & less uncomfortable for readers, and thus less impactful...? But...I would definitely have preferred it haha. My pandemic brain needs some light 🥺😭

I thought it'd be an Isekai with depth. It's a cacophony of despair and tragedy, with Isekai as a sidenote lol.

Also it doesn't have as many light hearted moments like other isekais i.e. the webcomic with a duchess in name only who has to look after 4 step children (can't remember the title 😅)

And I still maintain
her husband was crap and his words are unnecessarily cold 😑

I'll come back at the end haha 🥰

I don’t know that I can ever excuse a parent acting towards their child in this manner
HOWEVER
I have experienced depression firsthand and I can tell you it makes you a terrible person to everyone around you. For me, it was a similar feeling to the mc where I just hated myself so f ing much that I couldn’t bring myself to even deal with other people.

From my understanding based on my studies, postpartum depression can be even more severe, especially when the mc realised that her “choice” was no choice at all. And to be honest, you don’t have to ‘excuse’ her actions to like her. It just shows the true depth of the characterisation. It’s not about ‘forgiving’ but ‘understanding’.

Ella didn’t really hate her child, but she was too consumed with her own misery, to provide him any love.

Basically, I hope none of you ever have to go through it, so while I’m frustrated people don’t understand, I’m also happy you can’t :’)

Double-page supporter
I know everyone is putting a lot of sympathy for the mother but I also feel bad for the father. They remind me both of my parents, both having to do the best they can from having to bear responsibilities at such a young age.
don't forget her husband had been trying to comfort her during the early months of her pregnancy but she was the one who wouldn't speak a word about it to him because she didn't know how. He also asked so many doctors and just couldn't grasp what was wrong. I felt bad he had to leave and kill in the war at such a young age and probably had ptsd or felt whatever his wife was going through isn't the same as what he had to go through
The author and artist really know how to portray the imperfect and tragic nature that makes a human being. Time for me to read something fluffy, my heart can't handle this

This chapter made me cry. Depression literally crushes your soul. You don't know why you feel so miserable and you don't know why you push everyone away, you just do. The author and artist do an amazing job at portraying the feelings of worthlessness she feels and the postpartum depression Ella has, you can really see her pain.

Seriously it makes me laugh that many of the comments feel that the husband is at fault here. The point I want to highlight is that if you are going to sympathize with the FMC than don't criticize others because they didn't fall in depression and they got their own self together even after experiencing all the same events. If not you are just biased towards the FMC.

And the whole problem lies with the FMC. She didn't speak for herself and put all the blame on her husband. I don't know but her priorities are different. She got married for her family and her family didn't gave her choice or freedom and she had to choose one or the other so she could benefit her family but putting all the blame for the whole shit on her husband and criticizing him even when he's getting his hands red with blood for her family that's an another level of hypocrisy. He tried everything he could to mitigate her uneasiness but she didn't open herself and even before their wedding the doubts started appearing in her consciousness.

The author is completely focused on the FMC and telling the story through the female's POV but it would be better if the author could present the husband's POV too. With that so many truths could come to light.

Sorry if some of you got offended but that's my opinion.

anyone please tell me if the flashback end. I know this is a good story, like a really good one that I am too afraid to read somehow. So, I read the spoiler a bit, and I really feel bad for the husband. The story will center the husband and FL later, and there is too much misunderstanding. Btw, anyone can recommends a good novel like these? For research purpose as I want to create this kind of novel.

oof, i started sympathizing with the FL in the first few chapters, but now even moreso. her feelings and reaction is really human and relateable. i hope she and her son can repair their relationship slowly. shes not innocent in what she did to him, but the older he gets maybe he would understand and forgive her...

Users who are viewing this thread