The Flower That Was Bloomed by a Cloud - Ch. 33

Dowun ruined his own chances by not having a heart. His brother had told him once, but he ignored it thinking his methods were better. As much as she needed a teacher, she needs someone to care for her, but he is so focused on power that he doesn't know how to exercise soft capital with her. He may have a high IQ, but he lacks sorely on EQ.

Dowun is problematic, agreed; but no one can deny that his tactics had results.

You can prefer Baek Han all you like; he was nowhere to be found when Dowun put his neck and even his family on the line to drag her to the pinnacle for her own (and his) benefit, kicking and screaming if need be.

Her highness can be as upset as she likes. Anyone can see that she was very likely to have been maimed or outright died long ago to some petty, offhand scheme of her numerous royal siblings without Dowun's continuous intervention.

I wonder if some readers really know how life works. Very few people do things out of altruism; selfish interest is a normal motivating factor in human interactions.

A mutually beneficial, selfish set of actions is not grounds to subtly sulk. Her elevated position doesn't insulate her from danger.

I believe this may be what Dowun is trying to get her to understand, as her position affects his own.

Oh Dowun Dowun you fool. He could have been softer even if he wanted to direct her to do what he wanted. How can topple over all the things that she had liked about you?

It’s interesting to see how deep the strain between them went, when they had been much closer when they were younger. No way the princess is gonna fall back for him again after how he’s treated her.

That said, I feel like it’d be hard for Hong Lyun to break ties she has with Dowun, since she’s kinda the puppet and he’s the kingmaker. If she throw him away, she’d make a terrible enemy.

Users who are viewing this thread