The Flower That Was Bloomed by a Cloud - Ch. 37

That was a smirk...this could mean many things. Idk whose side he's on (probably not his bro) or if he just wants to watch the world burn. Haha I'm down either way tho.

Thanks for the chapp!

Dex-chan lover
@papperless Because they are too safe, like wearing a plain white shirt. Hence, boring. And this one isn't even all that good, there's nothing characteristic about him, just a knight in shining armor with no face. Bad boy in this one on the other hand is way more interesting because of his principles that are getting challenged by the MC. He's far from the cliche bad boy you describe him to be.

@papperless
Are real good guys always called boring? I do see people cheer for them. It's how the term second lead syndrome came to be.

Second leads are usually introduced in shoujos to test the relationship of the main leads. I think the reason some writers sometimes write a better and healthier second lead is to prove the fml's love. Like in the sense of "look there are better guys than you but I still choose you" sort of thinking. This is in tandem with ml choosing fml despite having better "looking" girls throwing their self at his feet. Now that I mention it, it's rare to have 2nd fml with great and interesting personality. I don't remember any.. smh (PS: Sorry, I kinda went off topic)

The green girl most likely serves as her poison tester and if not her some other extra eats/drinks anything that comes near her. @cassandra827

I always find amusement in reading people pissed off at Dowun, so want to add my own contribution to the screw Dowun movement.

The flower that was bloomed by a cloud
Now finds herself smothered by its shroud.
She'll find love in the arms of another man,
If saved once, he can save again, Baek Han.

As an aside, I get the impression that Yang Dogyeol is scheming against his brother. I don't interpret his comments as him having feelings toward Hong Lyon. I think that when he mentions the wedding date, he is purposefully trying to sow discord between her and Dowun.

@papperless I think you forgot Dohwun did not help the little brother when he was being punished for saying too much about the king as a child. He even forced him to apologize after which the little brother was severely beaten/punished ( I feel like mc or readers were worried if he would be able to walk in the future or even survive the beating but I could be wrong). This is the first time the bro has been allowed at the palace in years, he was banned before. Also Dowun isn't that great of an older brother and doesn't seem to really care about the little brother so..

Ah, I remember in the beginning I briefly thought/wanted her and the brother to end up together. Now it looks like he’s become quite conniving too. I still think either of them are better than Baek Han. I agree that he’s boring; the story is much more interesting with Dowun. I like the vibe when he and Hong Lyon are together, and watching their push and pull. A romance between them would definitely be more unique. Not all stories have to be happy, haha.

@starred1 in his lil bro's accident i think it's kinda his own fault and it's not only Dowun that abandoned him but also Lyon, but i agree Dowun is not a good brother so yea it's logical the lil bro will hold grudge for him, probably even scheming against him.

@Winterspring oh, ofc no... not always, yeah what you said is on point and seems like it'll happen to this manhwa as well, which will be boring for my taste. Ya, sadly about 2nd FML i also can't find someone interesting, the 2nd ML tends to be more variative than the FML one.

@Redice Baek served as a foil to Dowun and that makes him his own, interesting character. Being a good guy itself is a characteristic. Boring is just your own taste, personally i never see someone like Baek is boring, what makes Dowun stands out because we, as readers don't have his POV, that's all. And it's not like Baek will save everyone, one reason why Baek saved Lyon because he empathize with her for having same situation as he did. I never describe Dowun as a bad guy, he never was, he's just a cold, ruthless and refuse to give you affection as he means business, which is why as love interest i'd prefer Baek more.

@papperless Yeah I mostly agree, but you mentioned the younger brother having some sort of grudge against the older (which is why I didn't mention mc etc). Plus he is probably gonna hold more of a grudge towards his older bro because he idolized Dowun and the fact that it's his brother. The father or elders should have never made the little bro come to the palace so soon ( I mean when he was a child) he wasn't ready yet and he clearly wasn't raised the same way as Dowun at least not back then.

THE 'LIL BRO LOOKS SHADY ASF NOW LMFAO

Dowun really fcked this up, now she's like: omg, what does Baek Han think of me? (I'm curious too, can't wait to find out)

Yes Dowun, keep pushing her away, you're doing a great job 🤗

edit: I couldn't help it, I looked at one chapter from the raws. All I can say is: OMFG HOLY S***

I want MC to end up in a relationship that’s far from abusive. That’s it. That’s the comment.

There’s way too many shitty ‘ misunderstood’ MLs in mangas right now, IDC if she ends up with the guy who actually treats her like a human being and not just some tool.

Gosh Dowun you apathetic fck. I will root for Baek Han if you don't change the way you treat the queen in about five chapters or so. I want her majesty to be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread